CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

Spoiler

Obi wan hiding leia under his coat while escaping was a dumb decision . Who wrote this?

Tala going to the base not knowing if her clearance was revoked was lazy too. She is already in the ranks ,just decide she is a mole under the empire working for the rebellion which would better and not undermine stakes.

Leia resisting mind control is way too much of a stretch. Plot is inflating her unnecessarily just like how she is able to outrun kidnappers in episode 1.

Tala and obi wan carrying out the infiltration the two of them was way too easy.

Should have involved the rebels Abit more like 3-4man team with kenobi while  a few remain on the ship for extraction make it more believable.

Personally the whole plot in this episode felt a little rushed and could have personally been a good  hour episode with a good rouge one ish  stealth rebel  incursion to rescue leia.

Leia and reeva interrogation scenes and some minor neat action saved this episode 4 me.

Good  episode though it had mandalorian syndrome were some things happened way to easy for the plot to progress.

Reeva was the mvp this episode . Don't know what happened the first two episodes were her acting was really bad.

Direction and lightning was once again better but the way action is shot needs to be better,some shots of the saber fights and movements were really slow and it looked weird when there was sheilding and deflection involved.

And a pet peeve, would it kill disney to give the inquisitors some good action and use of their sabers ,reeva just withdraws her saber and runs for minutes .

7.1/10

Edited by Liiviig 1998

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

That was good.

That was really really good.

Moses Ingram especially was fantastic in it.

Reveal hidden contents

Again, so so soooooo good.

I have to disagree, I found it the worst episode to date.

Some absolutely terrible visual effects and it turned the Fortress into a joke. The end of episode CYA it did felt like a band-aid afterthought 

Edited by 4815162342
  • Astonished 1

27 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I have to disagree, I found it the worst episode to date.

Some absolutely terrible visual effects and it turned the Fortress into a joke. The end of episode CYA it did felt like a band-aid afterthought 

Thought VFx was slightly better this episode.

Totally agree on turning the fortress into a joke.

Reeva scenes were the major saving grace for this episode for me.

Episode 2 is my least favorite episode so far.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

I see the episode is getting ripped to shreds on the internet.  Twitter is filled with the usual crowd complaining about “tOo MuCh ReVa” while Youtube has more thought out gripes.  I think the first quarter of the episode could have been more fleshed out and added on the runtime.  

There is definitely a bit too much nitpicking going on in the fandom, but that’s understandable I guess given Kenobi is an iconic character.  Something the fandom turns a blind eye at in Mando gets picked apart in this show for sure.  

Hopefully the last two episodes can unite people (impossible who are we kidding)

Kind of more of the same to me. Pretty good, but not much beyond that. Some great moments, plenty of meh to okay. There was kind of a nice callback to Jedi: Fallen Order though.

Never had a problem with any of the acting at any point in any episode. Most of that seem like the usual dumb "I don't like a character, thus the acting must suck", which makes no sense at all.

Spoiler

The action didn't really cut it for me though. Especially the scenes at the end. Blasting through tons of stormtroopers with no issue at all looked dumb, like it always does. All Imperials wandering around aimlessly felt a bit off as well. There was an alarm and the base was supposed to lock down. Apart from one door closing, you really wouldn't have noticed it.

And the snowspeeders reaching the base with absolutely no one noticing, and then blasting right through stuff was just weird. Even more so the unnecessary (and not particularly good looking) hovering of the one speeder to cover the retreat.

On the other end, the interrogation scene was really good, especially Leia using "we are all on the same side" to her advantage. The tomb was interesting as well, as was Obi-Wan's occasional hiding and deception.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

this shit is just fucking dumb. 

Uninspired is the word.  Its clunky content that feels quickly sown together for consumption...theres no oomph, soul, or imagination to it.   Same with The Book of Boba Fett, which really should've been an anti-hero story but that would've gone against the Disney brand and might even be too smart for Star Wars.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Another decent/enjoyable episode. Some things are definitely wonky and overall this series isn't really reaching the highs I hoped it would, but it isn't a bad time either. 

Spoiler

Definitely a lot of conveniences, like the speeders at the end just came in without getting fired on at all from the Fortress??

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Same with The Book of Boba Fett, which really should've been an anti-hero story but that would've gone against the Disney brand and might even be too smart for Star Wars.

That has nothing to do with "the Disney brand", as Disney isn't telling Lucasfilm what it can and cannot do, nor would it be something new in Star Wars, so what are you talking about?

• Disbelief 1

6 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Uninspired is the word.  Its clunky content that feels quickly sown together for consumption...theres no oomph, soul, or imagination to it.   Same with The Book of Boba Fett, which really should've been an anti-hero story but that would've gone against the Disney brand and might even be too smart for Star Wars.

Though iam enjoying it more than you. I can agree the disney starwars  brand can be seen at points here.

Leia is just in here for the purpose of attracting kid demographic and selling toys just like grogu but at least grogu felt something new.baby yoda that can access the force and is valuable especially to the remnants of the fallen empire to gain whatever power they can.

Leia is just a mcguffin for the plot ,found her fine at first but the plot has to contrive for her to get out of situations.

Mando S1 at least tried to curve out a new story then disney put the foot of the gas and S2 for the most part was just cameo fest.

The premise for this show should have been simple. Just about Obi wan and inquisitors hunting down jedi and us following remnants of the jedi order   In terms of threat level, inquisitors suck ass in this series.

Instead  got a serviceable enjoyable show just like mando S2 , that has better direction and acting overall.

Last 2 episodes will decide whether I put this above or below mando S2.

Prequel era is so ripe for many interesting stories but once again we get bogged down to fan service and generic plots

Clone wars though having chunks of filler was alot more creative and gave some really good stories.

Making content is not easy but my problem is disney starwars always goes for the easy way out.

• Like 1

The obi wan story was left at the most popular scenes in star wars....the end of the duel on Mustafar.

An epic scene that spawned a million memes.

This just seems very by the number and uninspired in comparison.

I think the Leia storyline maybe been done later...perhaps more focus on the post order 66 world.

Maybe shown obi wan deals with life right after exile then lead to current storyline.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Maybe shown obi wan deals with life right after exile then lead to current storyline.

I was thinking something similar. Season 1 could be somewhat inspired by the Kenobi book(https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kenobi_(novel)) along with him dealing with being out of tune with the Force. But it could be 9 years after RoTS instead of right after. Then Season 2 is basically what we have now except Kenobi is in tune with the Force, but still has to deal with the trauma of learning about Vader.

• Like 1

Better than the last episode for me. It was very focused and straight to the point.

I'm really liking the character of Reva so not sure what people are complaining about. Eh, whatever.

The action feels very clunky, like Porthos said it might have something to do with filming during COVID. Everything feels so awkward and frictionless.

They need a better action pre-vis team. 

This last episode was pretty stupid but also very funny, so i was entertained. A far cry from the excellent third episode though. Some really dumb things happen here. One things absolutely stands out for me and had me rolling since it reminded me of a very similar scene:

Spoiler

Remember the scene in the first Transformers movie where the little spy Decepticon robot just ... walks out of the Air Force One and over the airport place with NONE of the dozens of secret agents seeing him and him actually posing as a human giving a salute and whatnot LOL

Thats the feeling it got watching Obi-Wan hide Leia under his clock. It was so funny.

The Empire is really, REALLY incompetent in this show.

• Like 1

I liked the third episode for the duel, but this episode just wasn't good. It was on par with the first couple of Boba Fett episodes, probably worse. If this didn't have McGregor, I would consider this almost ST levels bad. Hopefully, the next two pick up. Also, there's rumors this is going to get a second season. I guess with the viewing numbers that seems likely, so I hope this really finds it footing because Obi-Wan is a really interesting character, but this story just isn't that good.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:59 AM, Liiviig 1998 said:

Though iam enjoying it more than you. I can agree the disney starwars  brand can be seen at points here.

Leia is just in here for the purpose of attracting kid demographic and selling toys just like grogu but at least grogu felt something new.baby yoda that can access the force and is valuable especially to the remnants of the fallen empire to gain whatever power they can.

Leia is just a mcguffin for the plot ,found her fine at first but the plot has to contrive for her to get out of situations.

Mando S1 at least tried to curve out a new story then disney put the foot of the gas and S2 for the most part was just cameo fest.

The premise for this show should have been simple. Just about Obi wan and inquisitors hunting down jedi and us following remnants of the jedi order   In terms of threat level, inquisitors suck ass in this series.

Instead  got a serviceable enjoyable show just like mando S2 , that has better direction and acting overall.

Last 2 episodes will decide whether I put this above or below mando S2.

Prequel era is so ripe for many interesting stories but once again we get bogged down to fan service and generic plots

Clone wars though having chunks of filler was alot more creative and gave some really good stories.

Making content is not easy but my problem is disney starwars always goes for the easy way out.

I can't believe they put baby Leia in this after what happened with baby Anakin in The Phantom Menace.