That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

22 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Not sure if serious lol. Everyone else is talking about

Hide contents

Stephen King in the antique/pawn shop.

No, no, no 🙂...

Stan Lee and M Night did cameos in their films, when I saw that it was no big deal. 

The movie theater marquee at the end was either just a cute easter egg, or the promise of a future shared universe movie, featuring two of the wackiest horror villains ever 😂

22 hours ago, JB33 said:

It Chapter Two had a pretty healthy 2nd weekend drop for a horror sequel, drawing in $39.6M for a 56.5% drop.

Can it stay over $20M next weekend (49.5% drop or better)?

am still holding out to theory of fri 13th boosting last fri to the tune of 220% compared to 166% for IT1.

(the 2nd sat was similar to IT1's +34-35% and didn't seem to show correction, but I feel with a smaller friday bump Sat could have gone a bit higher. Sat's have gotten big off late.)

IT1's 3rd weekend drop of 50% was similar to the 2nd weekend drop of 51% and I guess IT2's 3rd weekend drop could be similar or even a bit higher than 57% 2nd weekend drop.

Edited by a2k
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

10 hours ago, a2k said:

am still holding out to theory of fri 13th boosting last fri to the tune of 220% compared to 166% for IT1.

(the 2nd sat was similar to IT1's +34-35% and didn't seem to show correction, but I feel with a smaller friday bump Sat could have gone a bit higher. Sat's have gotten big off late.)

IT1's 3rd weekend drop of 50% was similar to the 2nd weekend drop of 51% and I guess IT2's 3rd weekend drop could be similar or even a bit higher than 57% 2nd weekend drop.

Yeah now that I look closer at the numbers, I don't see how it doesn't drop big again based on the Monday number.

Still holding out some hope that it's just a major weekend player and it has another insane Friday bump, even without the Friday the 13th effect.

Great Friday jump if the number holds, but the weekend is still going to drop heavily from last weekend. It's just losing too much steam during the weekdays. Hoping for a healthy Saturday bump and Sunday drop under 40% to get the weekend number as high as possible!

I kind of loved this, warts and all. It was a whole lot more epic than I thought it would be (I haven't read the book), with different interesting horror elements. And it was funny. But most of all, I cared for the characters, which made their journey worth following. The film takes the time to define the characters as adults and make the connections to their childhoods.

I didn't re-watch the first before I saw it, and now I'm looking forward to eventually watching both films together.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeQ said:

I kind of loved this, warts and all. It was a whole lot more epic than I thought it would be (I haven't read the book), with different interesting horror elements. And it was funny. But most of all, I cared for the characters, which made their journey worth following. The film takes the time to define the characters as adults and make the connections to their childhoods.

I didn't re-watch the first before I saw it, and now I'm looking forward to eventually watching both films together.

Peace,

Mike

Glad you liked it, Mike!

On 8/22/2019 at 9:06 AM, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

This movie would drop in any case, the reviews being less favorable than for the first one, plus, the runtime is just going to do even more damage. Currently expecting $220m DOM.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:18 AM, lorddemaxus said:

That would need absolutely terrible legs to happen. That isn't happening.

:thinking:

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

A massive drop from the first part and I guess that was to be expected.  Overall I'm happy with both parts of the movie.  I just finished reading the novel for about the 8th time (I've lost count) and I really think somewhere down the line, if something like Netflix is still around, or maybe WB has their own streaming service, someone should take a crack at doing a mini series where they try to do the book in it's entirety.  As much as I really enjoyed these two films, there's still so much that is left out for obvious reasons.  There's one scene in the book where a character, influenced by Pennywise of course, walks into a bar and kills the entire place with an axe.  It's not really essential to have it in the movie, but it's stuff like this that would be really cool to see in a ten part mini series. 

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2020/04/it-chapter-2-movie-profit-stephen-king-1202912121/

THE BOTTOM LINE

It Chapter Two at $79 million cost 125% more than its first installment, and part of that had to do with its star cast of Jessica Chastain, Bill Hader and James McAvoy. The sequel also grossed less — $473M worldwide compared with the the first It‘s $701.8M — but still brought the horror franchise to a $1.17 billion WW total. Because of that decline, participations after cash breakeven were lower than the first movie, $30M vs. $50M, the bulk of those allocated to King, director Andy Muschietti and his producer-sister Barbara Muschietti. Global revenues were $429M (which include the studio’s share of the box office at $216M WW), while overall global costs were at $260M. Many have asked about video costs: that’s the marketing and distribution expense associated with the title’s worldwide home entertainment release, here estimated at $23M. Net profit for It Chapter Two winds up at $169M to It‘s $293.7M