cookie

CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread

I also own Godzilla, Red Dead Redemption, Ratchet & Clank, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us and Burnout.I asked for Resistance on October 29. Seriously? Nobody said a thing. I asked in the other thread, since in that time they both had pretty much the same name. I was already working on the fucking movie. This is why we should have a list from the start. But if it is yours, I will take it out of my shedule then.http://forums.boxoff...st/page__st__40

No no, you can have it I haven´t really planned anything for it yet, just claimed the rights for years where I don´t have that much, so go along with it.
  • Like 1

Don´t want to be bitchy, but I don´t think its fair to use Star Wars either, even if there´s a whole universe. I really want Spider-Man but this is not possible due to new films... so where´s the point`?

Spider-Man- A series centered around a single guy with superpowers in New York City.Star Wars- A series set in an entire galaxy with 25,000 years of lore and mythology to tinker with.The two franchises are so different in how much room there is. The only prohibition for Star Wars is no Episodes 7-9 (aka no films about Luke, Leia, Han, and their progeny). Furthermore, I have said that I have only two series of films I am dead-set on making in the Star Wars universe and they don't have to be made back-to-back. My intention is that once I finish my first arc of films I will loan the franchise out to another player who would have presented to me a good outline for what their particular series will be about.

No no, you can have it I haven´t really planned anything for it yet, just claimed the rights for years where I don´t have that much, so go along with it.

Really? Thank you so much :D

Just to note, for Call of Duty I have no plans to make films about the WW2-era games or the Black Ops games, so when I conclude the Modern Warfare saga in Year 7 I will relinquish my rights to the franchise save for rights to any additional Modern Warfare games that might be released.

My DC one has been in development for quite some time though... Yes, it is somewhat of a rip-off, but I don't think it has been done in CAYOM yet, and I've been "assembling" a good group of directors for them, and all of them (except Blue Beetle) have a lot of effort put into them... Don't count out JL yet. :POn another note, I've been thinking of maybe doing an original tale set in the Avatar universe... but I'm not going to think about it until I'm done with OFK.

Hilarious is the better word for this. Trying to create somewhat of "Avengers" for DC, Nintendo... what´s coming next? Universe of... Barbie Tales?sry don´t get me wrong, it could work very good but it just screams for "rip-off".

It depends on the material. For example, my upcoming Star Wars project was supposed to be a trilogy, however the first film would have been far too large to fit in all the necessary characters and plot events so I have had to split the first film up into a set of three origin films to set up the three most important characters of the saga as well as the large supporting cast. Plus, the setup allows me to not strictly confine myself to source material and give a more detailed and original setup for the characters (examples- the second origin film will be about half-original and the third origin film will be about 90% original).

It depends on the material. For example, my upcoming Star Wars project was supposed to be a trilogy, however the first film would have been far too large to fit in all the necessary characters and plot events so I have had to split the first film up into a set of three origin films to set up the three most important characters of the saga as well as the large supporting cast. Plus, the setup allows me to not strictly confine myself to source material and give a more detailed and original setup for the characters (examples- the second origin film will be about half-original and the third origin film will be about 90% original).

So... you are planning 6 Star Wars movies? And you will get all of them out before Episode 7?

So... you are planning 6 Star Wars movies? And you will get all of them out before Episode 7?

5. The three origin films (that would have been the first film) and then the two-part convergence arc.And they don't all need to be out before Episode 7. All that changes is now any film about Luke/Leia/Han/their offspring is defintively off-limits. Not that I or anyone would have been foolhardy enough to attempt such a feat. This series takes place several thousand years prior to Episodes 1-6, it is not affected in any way by the Sequel Trilogy. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1