CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

7 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I always wanted to adapt Rage into a film - even wrote up a treatment. That... will never happen. For understandable reasons.

Hasn't King asked that it doesn't be published again?

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

11/22/63 is one that feels like it absolutely should get a movie treatment. Screams like a huge hit in the making, whether you like the book or not.

Instead of the James Franco/Hulu treatment?

21 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I doubt anyone other than King would want a "proper" Shining movie. 

You'd better believe that a few hundred greedy and unoriginal Hollywood types are busy looking for the next Stephen King remake as we type.

I can guarantee Shining will be high up their list due to the potential huge upside since it's a very famous name.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

I really don't believe in the business of remaking classic films like the Shining.  There's few cases where it's worked out really well, like True Grit.

The notion of remakes just doesn't piss me off like it used to. Mellowed out over the years. There can always be room to grow/expand with fresh eyes so many years later.

The Wizard of Oz from 1939 (arguably the greatest film ever made) was itself a remake.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

I really don't believe in the business of remaking classic films like the Shining.  There's few cases where it's worked out really well, like True Grit.

the original true grit isn't that good, really.

i'd make an argument for original the thing and the carpenter remake both being great films. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

11/22/63 is one that feels like it absolutely should get a movie treatment. Screams like a huge hit in the making, whether you like the book or not.

Never read the book, but I enjoyed the James Franco show.

Would a movie be better than Franco? (He even commented on pie in the first episode!)

Just now, Boxofficerules said:

Remake Maximum Overdrive! That one could actually work with today's modern technology.

As long as they keep the Green Goblin truck, I'm all for it :)