CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

Deep Wang updates:

- IT ends higher than the final numbers we had for Doctor Strange and Fantastic Beasts. About 20% lower than Wonder Woman and 24% lower than SMH

- Thor is about 70-75% of Guardians 2 numbers, don't have Civil War comps and BATB was in a different stratosphere altogether with more than double of what Thor is at currently

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I love (well-made) horror movies, so seeing one blow up to blockbuster status is so great, especially with its R-Rating! Remember, the budget is like 35 or 40M if im not mistaken so this beast could make its budget back in ONE DAY in one single market! Thats just amazing. Horror has a bright future upon it!

Home Again looks like something that would've gone straight to the Hallmark Channel had it not starred Reese. Disappointing that with all the interesting projects she's attached with in either starring (Wild, Big Little Lies) or producing (Gone Girl) roles, she still finds herself stuck in dreck like Hot Pursuit and this from time to time.

Edited by filmlover

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Home Again looks like something that would've gone straight to the Hallmark Channel had it not starred Reese. Disappointing that with all the interesting projects she's attached with in either starring (Wild, Big Little Lies) or producing (Gone Girl) roles, she still finds herself stuck in dreck like Hot Pursuit and this from time to time.

I always find the fact that Sweet Home Alabama held the September OW record for a decade amazing. With the Legally Blonde franchise and SHA, Reese was on her way to becoming a Julia Roberts for the 2000s just as the star system itself began unraveling. Bad timing basically.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/hurricane-irma-amc-regal-cinemark-closings-box-office-stephen-king-movie-it-1202163808/

Similar to Harvey, Irma isn’t expected to slow the overall weekend box office much — just 3%-5% per exhibition sources.

According to the latest round of tracking this morning, the horror movie is on course to post a record opening of $80 million. Previews begin tonight in about 3,500 locations.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I always find the fact that Sweet Home Alabama held the September OW record for a decade amazing.

Reese had immense goodwill coming off of Legally Blonde and the movie got a crazy marketing push for a romcom. I remember watching the Big Brother finale that Thursday night before it opened and there being ads for it during every commercial break.

• Like 1