CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

After this weekend, January and October will be the only months without a 100M+ 3-day opener, and January is still pretty close with 89M. October will need some work to get there, as Gravity is the record holder at 55M. Venom could break it, but not by much.

I consider January to have one since American Sniper did 107M on the 4 day weekend.

5 hours ago, UNDERDOG said:

So I get there at around 9:35, almost in time for my 9:40 pm showing. Im waiting to get my phone scanned, when the worker there asks for my ID. I pat myself down and I realize I left my wallet and ID at home, like a fucking idiot. I had no way of proving to them I was 18.

So they then recommended me to exchange it for another showing of IT, so I decided my plan was to exchange my ticket for an 11:20 pm showing of IT, and it would give me almost two hours to race home and get my ID. I get to the cashier and she tells me: "Even in an exchange, you're still technically purchasing a new ticket for IT, and you don't have your ID so we can't let you buy it. On the other hand, if you buy your ticket until after you come back with your ID, we might not have seats left"....

So she hands me this dilemma for no fucking reason because she didn't allow me to purchase the damn thing and I had to call my dad to bring me my ID. 

Long story short, I got in eventually and it was a great movie but fuck that beginning.

They never asked for my ID when I was 17 but they do now when I'm 18? Fuck that.

Im a tall dude with a.....baby face. Well, dammit.

At least your theater actually remembers to check for IDs. So many employees at my AMC ask for my ID after I enter the theater, and when I saw Annabelle last month, the employee came into the auditorium like 3 minutes after I entered to make sure I was 17. Last night was probably hell for them if they had the wrong people working the box office and podium :rofl: 

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

At least your theater actually remembers to check for IDs. So many employees at my AMC ask for my ID after I enter the theater, and when I saw Annabelle last month, the employee came into the auditorium like 3 minutes after I entered to make sure I was 17. Last night was probably hell for them if they had the wrong people working the box office and podium :rofl: 

The guy forgot to ID check me for IT until I reminded him.

With IT doing so well, WB will easily blow past 2B DOM this year. Actually, they are a lock to beat their 2.1B record year (2009). I wonder if they can get the title for the year instead of Disney. Looking at what Disney has left on the table, it will be a really close race. They both should end up in the 2.2-2.3B region. 

Edited by James
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

One of them has only directed meh horror films though :redcapes: 

Both had great WOM and were liked by most. I respect your wrong opinion, tho. Is it wrong to say I would like Flanagan to direct one of the TCU movies (or a Lights Out sequel)? :thinking: He has total freedom to do whatever he wants at Netflix, but still...

Just now, CJohn said:

Both had great WOM and were liked by most. I respect your wrong opinion. Is it wrong to say I would like Flanagan to direct one of the TCU movies (or a Lights Out sequel)? :thinking: He has total freedom to do whatever he wants at Netflix, but still...

If he directed a Lights Out sequel I'm sure it'd actually be a good movie this time around.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

RESPECT THE LEGENDS

And their leader

james-wan-random-pn.jpg

Do directors not named Cameron, Spielberg, Nolan, Allen or Scorcese have any power over who gets cast in their films? I wish that Wan helped nurture/create Asian American movie stars and/or casting more Asian American leads for his future, non-blockbuster CBM films.

I'd love to see a full-fledged James Wan horror film starring an Asian American actor. 

Just now, Cochofles said:

Do directors not named Cameron, Spielberg, Nolan, Allen or Scorcese have any power over who gets cast in their films? I wish that Wan helped nurture/create Asian American movie stars and/or casting more Asian American leads for his future, non-blockbuster CBM films.

I'd love to see a full-fledged James Wan horror film starring an Asian American actor. 

I am gonna guess James Wan can do whatever the fuck he wants for his next horror project at New Line, so maybe he will do that.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If he directed a Lights Out sequel I'm sure it'd actually be a good movie this time around.

I just mentioned the Lights Out sequel because the director of the original (which you wrongly think it is not a great horror movie) will be busy making John Cena a household name at Hollywood :ph34r:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

IT's opening day numbers are why I say that WB has the best marketing team. When they are on point, they are on point. I hope it's Friday properly hits 50mil.

If only they'd use some of the muscle for WAG. If they did to the fullest extent, they could've been the next Disney/Pixar/Illumination.

• Like 1