CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

I think they had an AWESOME script for Friday The 13th which they shut down for no reason, then restarted with a pretty shit script (the one that was going to come out this year). I'd put the blame more on Paramount than Platinum Dunes, but yeah, I think the one this year getting cancelled was a good thing. It was a Friday script that desperately didn't want to be a Friday script.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I think they had an AWESOME script for Friday The 13th which they shut down for no reason, then restarted with a pretty shit script (the one that was going to come out this year). I'd put the blame more on Paramount than Platinum Dunes, but yeah, I think the one this year getting cancelled was a good thing. It was a Friday script that desperately didn't want to be a Friday script.

Found footage F13th is the worst idea in the history of movie bad ideas.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rumpot said:

If I'm in a bold prediction mindset which I am then I think IT over Suicide Squad domestic will happen esp with Halloween looming.  

This will be be making about 1 million a weekend by the time Halloween comes out.

Projections For October Grossers: 

Blade Runner 2049: $45m/$160m

The Mountain Between Us: $32m/$135m

My Little Pony Movie: $27m/$115m

Jigsaw: $35m/$102m

Happy Death Day: $21m/$77m

The Foreigner: $20m/$55m

Boo 2!: $23m/$65m

The Snowman: $15m/$50m

Projected Month Total: $790m

4 minutes ago, the beast said:

Projections For October Grossers: 

Blade Runner 2049: $45m/$160m

The Mountain Between Us: $32m/$135m

My Little Pony Movie: $27m/$115m

Jigsaw: $35m/$102m

Happy Death Day: $21m/$77m

The Foreigner: $20m/$55m

Boo 2!: $23m/$65m

The Snowman: $15m/$50m

Projected Month Total: $790m

Some seem high, don't see Jigsaw hitting $100 million

Edited by Boxofficerules
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

After this weekend, January and October will be the only months without a 100M+ 3-day opener, and January is still pretty close with 89M. October will need some work to get there, as Gravity is the record holder at 55M. Venom could break it, but not by much.

What October needs to get its first 100-million-dollar opener is a horror-tinged superhero film that is either the direct follow up or closely related to a previous well-received DCEU or Marvel film. Maybe a Justice League Dark sequel or a Carnage film (again, only if JLD becomes a beloved breakout and Carnage is a follow-up to a beloved Venom film).

Or just re-schedule Wonder Woman 2  to open October 25, 2019. :D

4 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

This will be be making about 1 million a weekend by the time Halloween comes out.

Prediction mostly based on a movie I think will get a lot of rewatches and the idea of Halloween being around the corner as a tailwind more than Halloween itself.  Making the prediction because I think there needs to be a a loftier one out there even if it whiffs badly....no telling how high an ostrich can fly.when it somehow does

• Like 1

Projections For November Grossers: 

Justice League: $175m/$450m

Thor - Ragnarok: $120m/$300m

Coco: $68m/$275m

Daddy's Home 2: $34m/$138m

Murder On The Orient Express: $28m/$115m

A Bad Mom's Christmas: $30m/$105m

Molly's Game: $12/$45m

The Star: $12/$32m

Death Wish: $10m/$28m

Villa Capri: $6m/$15m

Projected Monthly Total: $1.53BN

7 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

What October needs to get its first 100-million-dollar opener is a horror-tinged superhero film that is either the direct follow up or closely related to a previous well-received DCEU or Marvel film. Maybe a Justice League Dark sequel or a Carnage film (again, only if JLD becomes a beloved breakout and Carnage is a follow-up to a beloved Venom film).

Or just re-schedule Wonder Woman 2  to open October 25, 2019. :D

I honestly believe films like Wonder Woman 2, Star Wars IX-XX or Jurassic World 2 could open anywhere, even in the end of October and go 100M+. Its not the release date, its always the movie itself.