CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

These OW numbers are insane! I hope they give the kids some giant bonuses - they carried the film through some very rough narrative patches and they probably made next to nothing. The chances any of their contracts included a percentage of the gross is probably like zero.

$13.5 million

$36.1 million

$36.5 million 

$20 million 

$107.1 million OW

Predictions beyond OW

$55 million ($191 million) - with FL rebounding next weekend, IT should be able to pull off a 45-50% drop.

$31.5 million ($239 million)

$18 million ($267 million) 

$10 million ($283 million)

$5 million ($291 million)

$3 million ($295 million)

$1.5 million ($297 million) 

$301 million DOM 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

And I didn't even love it LOL and yet I'm still going back for a second time. I will probably end up seeing it at 3rd on Tuesday with my roommate.

Got a movie pass and will certainly be using it this month.  They will wish they didn't change policy to allow you to watch the same movie the same month...I don't see how they don't go bankrupt after star wars. 

Anyway, I certainly didn't wait 27 years to finally see a theatrical adaptation of this to only see it once...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

Got a movie pass and will certainly be using it this month.  They will wish they didn't change policy to allow you to watch the same movie the same month...I don't see how they don't go bankrupt after star wars. 

Anyway, I certainly didn't wait 27 years to finally see a theatrical adaptation of this to only see it once...

Did you get the card yet? I heard they've been having problems getting the cards out since they dropped the price and so many people have signed up. I want to get it but I was holding off for a little while longer so they get passed the initial rush of new members. 

And yes, I'll be using it to see TLJ quite a few times lol

11 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

And I didn't even love it LOL and yet I'm still going back for a second time. I will probably end up seeing it at 3rd on Tuesday with my roommate.

I'm contemplating trying to go again tonight, hands down one of my favourite movies this year. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I MIGHT NOT SEE IT UNTIL WEDNESDAY DEPENDING HOW BADLY THE STORM FUCKS ME GAAAAHGHTGHHGVHUGVBNGCX BY

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You mean Freddy "vs." Jason, not "and". ;)

C'mon WB, bring us Freddy Vs. Jason 2. Deep down, you know you want it.

No thank you to a Scream remake, no need for that. One franchise that does, however, desperately need a remake? Alien Vs. Predator. Yup, going all in on the Vs.'es.

Eeek, no ones interested in AVP3. 

7 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Did you get the card yet? I heard they've been having problems getting the cards out since they dropped the price and so many people have signed up. I want to get it but I was holding off for a little while longer so they get passed the initial rush of new members. 

And yes, I'll be using it to see TLJ quite a few times lol

Yep, I did just 2 days ago and will be using it a lot this month.  It will immediately take some of the edge off having to watch Home Again with my wife...at least I'm not paying to watch it... (for my ticket anyway)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

One of them has only directed meh horror films though :redcapes: 

Hell I'd say for all of them (yes even Wan) better-than-mediocre horror movies are more of an exception than the rule. I really liked the first Conjuring and Oculus but I still don't exactly see the next John Carpenter in that group. People are really lowering their standards smh. 

Meanwhile where's that Robert Eggers version of Nosferatu already. Please please please let it not be a sophomore slump.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I MIGHT NOT SEE IT UNTIL WEDNESDAY DEPENDING HOW BADLY THE STORM FUCKS ME GAAAAHGHTGHHGVHUGVBNGCX BY

But Han, don't worry, you'll float too.

But seriously I hope you, filmlover, CMasterclay, and the rest of the floridians on here stay safe and are well prepared.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The profits IT will make just from Domestic alone will be insane

I think that IT will be a lot more profitable than Justice League for WB. Imagine IT making 250M+ DOM on a 35M budget! Its like money is raining from the sky.

Thats why Hollywood will never stop making horror movies. If they fail, they wont make 50M+ losses. Even then, they'll break even.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The profits IT will make just from Domestic alone will be insane

yeah it's friday minus previews is 36.1, more than the prod budget.

55% of the dom - say, 240 conservatively* for now - that the studio roughly gets would end up being 132. i think that would come close to covering prod + marketing globally.

there's some overhead costs too, but then the entire OS gross remaining. And non-theatrical revenue to come. Huge profits.

*240 would be the 2nd worst dom for a 100+ opener only ahead of X3's 234.

Edited by a2knet

Also, did anyone get that trailer for "Unfriended"?

Holy fuck, looks like every stereotypical horror film from the early 2000's about shitty college kids being shitty college kids.

Hell, we got some of those like a couple of years ago.

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

Also, did anyone get that trailer for "Unfriended"?

Holy fuck, looks like every stereotypical horror film from the early 2000's about shitty college kids being shitty college kids.

Hell, we got some of those like a couple of years ago.

Unfriended was a movie that came out in April 2015. :lol: