CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

We need a Marvel vs DC film :sparta: 

We already have that. It's in the internet and kind of in BOT

Spoiler

However I could see a hypothetical Avengers Vs Justice League movie opening $250M+.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

If only they'd use some of the muscle for WAG. If they did to the fullest extent, they could've been the next Disney/Pixar/Illumination.

The films are too steeped in American humor to do well overseas. They have to "fix" that.

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

The films are too steeped in American humor to do well overseas. They have to "fix" that.

True. But domestic wise is what I'm referring too. Though I do think their Scooby Doo movie has OS potential.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

We need a Marvel vs DC film :sparta: 

I have always felt that it will eventually happen.

There is too much money to be made not to ever happen.

Sure, the film will probably cost 700 million to produce, but it will gross that globally in its first three days (and how far is 700 m from Infinity War ' s pricetag anyway) ? :D

latest?cb=20071102222303

23 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Scream is a very hard film to remake. You'd need slashers to make a big comeback and to become cliche filled again before you could do another Scream. Both Urban Legend and I Know What You Did Last Summer would be easier as you could set them at any time.

Sony still has that I Know What You Did Last Summer remake in development, Mike Flanagan (Hush) did a version of the script.

37 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

At least your theater actually remembers to check for IDs. So many employees at my AMC ask for my ID after I enter the theater, and when I saw Annabelle last month, the employee came into the auditorium like 3 minutes after I entered to make sure I was 17. Last night was probably hell for them if they had the wrong people working the box office and podium :rofl: 

I can just imagine an AMC employee walking in halfway through the film, flashing his light straight at your face for ID. Even saying out loud: "WHERE IS YOUR ID?" 

That'd be embarrassing as all hell.

• Like 1

Was trying to pile some of the massive achievements It looks to accomplish.  Here is my list so far....

Biggest OW record for January, September or October (3 Day).
OD box office beat the previous September OW record.
OW record beat the previous top two OW record holders combined.
OD box office beat all true horror box office OW besides Paranormal 3 (and will barely miss it).
OW record will outgross all true horror except Exorcist ($233M), Blair Witch ($140M) The Conjuring ($137M), The Ring ($129M) & The Grudge ($110M).. and possibly has a chance
Will be in Top 40 Films of All Time OW
Will be in Top 30 Films of All Time OD
Only 20 films in 2017 have grossed $100M total box office.  It just did $100 OW.

Please add to the, if there are any that really stand out.  Simply amazing what this film has achieved.

Additionally:

Only 4 films have had an OD over $46M and not eclipsed $300M Domestic.  The lowest of them was $281M
Only 5 films in the Top 40 OW have not eclipsed $300M Domestic.  The lowest of them was $281M

Edited by lobogotti
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's tricky because I think that sort of humour works for their films but at the same time, it doesn't work everywhere. Perhaps WAG should release a film that isn't as American humour heavy to see how audiences respond 

1 hour ago, the beast said:

Projections For December Grossers: 

Star Wars 8: $230m/$825m

Jumanji 2: $35m/$175m

Pitch Perfect 3: $52m/$158m

The Greatest Showman: $23m/$135m

Ferdinand: $27m/$123m

Downsizing: $15m/$100m

The Six Billion Dollar Man: $18m/$80m

Projected Monthly Total: $1.62B

I like the way you think.  ;)

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Fucking hell, people on here have seen/will see IT twice before me???? :winomg: 

And I didn't even love it LOL and yet I'm still going back for a second time. I will probably end up seeing it at 3rd on Tuesday with my roommate.

• Like 1