WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

• Founder / Operator
8 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Seeing mother! tomorrow at noon. Everyone else will be in church down here in Tennessee. The movie theater is my temple. I expect to be one of 5 people there.

A fellow Tennesseean! Greetings. :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, trifle said:

I doubt it cost $30M -not $35M even by BOM which is contradicting the $13M being said all through the build up to the movie.  I'd like their source for the difference, to be honest.

I feel very certain Jen didn't get $15M for this up front.

It was all reported by Deadline. 

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

It was all reported by Deadline. 

Well, I'll look at the salary part, but the $30M I'm pretty sure they got off BOM the same as everyone else.  It could be right but from what DA was saying about being given his head in part because of how cheap this was, and their only using digital film (hence VFX)l for the last day of filming, it sounded more in line with the $13M budget Forbes previously reported.

Jen just doesn't ask that kind of money for this kind of movie, so I'd be surprised at the number.

It doesn't matter to me that much.

I am truly glad she made this movie, and hope she takes more risks.  I appreciated the experience and love Jen's performance, and honestly I didn't expect to.  So this is all a win from my point of view.

Just now, trifle said:

Well, I'll look at the salary part, but the $30M I'm pretty sure they got off BOM the same as everyone else.  It could be right but from what DA was saying about being given his head in part because of how cheap this was, and their only using digital film (hence VFX)l for the last day of filming, it sounded more in line with the $13M budget Forbes previously reported.

Jen just doesn't ask that kind of money for this kind of movie, so I'd be surprised at the number.

It doesn't matter to me that much.

I am truly glad she made this movie, and hope she takes more risks.  I appreciated the experience and love Jen's performance, and honestly I didn't expect to.  So this is all a win from my point of view.

The movie could cost $13M but then you factor into the salaries of Jen and the other stars and you get the $30M that's now being swung around by Forbes as well. It was the figure they used in their box office reporting for it. 

I dont follow Jen that well so I'm not sure what she asks for or doesn't ask for. What I do know though is that her asking price is high relative to other actresses. 

I do agree that she did well in this performance and that's all you can ask from an actor/actress, imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

The movie could cost $13M but then you factor into the salaries of Jen and the other stars and you get the $30M that's now being swung around by Forbes as well. It was the figure they used in their box office reporting for it. 

I dont follow Jen that well so I'm not sure what she asks for or doesn't ask for. What I do know though is that her asking price is high relative to other actresses. 

I do agree that she did well in this performance and that's all you can ask from an actor/actress, imo. 

The thing is what she asks for this sort of film is typically WAY lower than what she asks for commercial fare.  That is why I doubt it. However, if it is in the news that much, it is reality as far as anything really matters, anyhow.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

If they really paid Jlaw 15 million dollars for this type of film, they are absolutely clueless. 

Are you nuts?  Jennifer is the biggest star in the world.  She deserves it.  She's worth it.  Children in the third-world weep if Jennifer doesn't get at least 20 million a picture, so 15 million is barely acceptable.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, Jeriosnal said:

Are you nuts?  Jennifer is the biggest star in the world.  She deserves it.  She's worth it.  Children in the third-world weep if Jennifer doesn't get at least 20 million a picture, so 15 million is barely acceptable.  

Wow, you seriously are pressed about her, aren't you?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

One of my all time favorite movies is "Om", just the symbol is the title. This movie was a freaking phenomenon back in the mid-90s in my state and is one of the best Indian gangster movies ever made IMO. Weirdly enough, it has never been released on home video, I think @jb007 had mentioned that there were plans, but I don't think they materialized

1995_Kannada_film_Om_poster.jpg

OM has been re-released more times than any other movie in history. For eg. 

In Mysore,

Sangam - 16 times

Saraswathi - 9 times

Ranjith, Laxmi - 8 times

It has been re-released on every single theater of Mysore and multiple times all over Karnataka. It is a unique movie in terms of playing for 21 years.  Every year it was generating about  Rs. 2 crores revenue to the producers. So it was a regular cash cow like no other.

After a statewide re-release on 2015, Om satellite rights were sold in 2016 for a whopping price of Rs. 10.5 crores, the most ever for a Kannada movie. It is even more amazing the satellite rights were sold 21 years after its initial release in 1995.

Now it is available on Home video.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I'm a bit behind here?  Did Jen really comment on the cinemascore?   :lol:

Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She's Taking a Break From Hollywood

http://www.justjared.com/2017/09/16/jennifer-lawrence-reveals-why-shes-taking-a-break-from-hollywood/

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She's Taking a Break From Hollywood

http://www.justjared.com/2017/09/16/jennifer-lawrence-reveals-why-shes-taking-a-break-from-hollywood/

I assumed she meant that as a joke since she has to promote Red Sparrow in a few months anyway and will likely be in Dark Phoenix. Isn't she relatively quiet when she's not shooting/promoting a movie?

1 hour ago, Harley said:Add Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell to that list and I will be very happy.

Sam Rockwell is definitely contending for the win, and I'm predicting it to happen right now. McDormand could win too, but it's way too early to predict potential Actress winners with Streep and Winslet unseen

1 hour ago, GadnukBreakerOfWorlds said:

What about the film Daniel Day-Lewis is in this December? He's always a threat to win. 

I have a feeling Phantom Thread isn't coming out this year. There hasn't been much news around it, and Focus still has the release date TBA. Plus, they'd have to campaign for both Oldman and DDL, which I'm sure they don't want to do.

This mother number is so surprising to me. The trailer was exciting and intriguing, JLaw is a huge star, Aronofsky is a prestige director, and earlier RT score was good. I thought it would have at least a big opening day. Marketing seemed good to me.

I'm very excited to watch the movie and see why it's getting such a toxic reaction. I bet I'll love it, but I'll have to wait for the blu-ray release because it won't play in my city, so I hope I can avoid spoilers until then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Over Kingsman and Ninjago?

(Prepares for friendly debate...)

I doubt it. Still not sensing a ton of hype for Kingsman but those trailers have been in front of nearly everything all summer....I mean that didn't work for The Dark Tower....but if reviews are kinder, I could see it doing well.

That's the crazy thing about IT. I only saw both trailers in theaters once all summer. I think one was attached to Dunkirk and the other was attached to Logan Lucky.

Meanwhile The Dark Tower was always in that lineup.

• Like 1

btw, top Fall grossers:

1. Gravity 274.1 Oct

2. Martian 228.4 Oct

3. IT 177.9 Sept

4. Crocodile Dundee 174.8 Sept

5. Hotel Trans 2 169.7 Sept

IT became biggest Sept grosser ever on Day 8 (but a shout out to Crocodile Dundee for it's gross is amazing for 1986 and took 2 decades to be broken).

• Like 1

Say IT is on 221 cume after a 62m weekend.

The coming Mon-Thu could bring 19m (down 46% from 35.3m of previous Mon-Thu).

Then if the 3rd weekend is 35m (down 43.5% from 62m), the cume will be 221 + 19 + 35 = 275m.

Hitting that figure a little sooner than Gitesh predicted :P