WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Ninjago is a lesson for WB and WAG to not be complacent with their Lego films and don’t schedule two spinoffs in the same year. 

Looks like it’s going to a repeat of last year where the early September WB films outgrosses the late September WB film

Who thought Ninjago ever had a shot of doing better than IT?

• Haha 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I think the marketing pitching the movie almost exclusively to small children, alienating the adults/teens who went to see the other LEGO movies in the process, is what did it in (with the reviews being the cherry on top).

I think it was always going to more kid oriented but clearly they struggled to put the same formula that worked for the others to Ninjago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Alli said:

The secrecy over Blade Runner is crazy. Not even one review on letterboxd

I was watching the trailer and the second Harrison Ford showed up I kept thinking of The Force Awakens. It is a method of reassuring the audience that this will honor the original. Now hopefull they don't just remake the original. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Ninjago should make WB a lot of merchandising money though. prod budget is 70m. should get close to that dom and os each.

Lego is hoping for Ninjago to provide a sales boost since LB surprisingly didn't do much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

If Friend Request were a PG13 movie, I doubt it would been bombing so hard, teens are less demanding than adults, unless you make a great movie, a Rated R Horror movie is always riskier than a PG13 one. 

An R rated horror film is only riskier if it's a piece of shit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

An R rated horror film is only riskier if it's a piece of shit.

That's why I said that the movie needs to be good, adults are not going to pay for a piece of shit like teens do. You just need to look at the list of biggest Horror flops, almost every one of them is Rated R. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Last year's Actor field was also MUCH more barren. After Oldman, Chalamet, and Cranston, the last two spots are essentially between Franco, Hanks, Renner, and Gyllenhaal (I don't think the PTA joint is getting released this year so no DDL). The other three have advantages that Gyllenhaal doesn't (probable box office hit and Adapted Screenplay nominee, BP nominee, and Weinstein's #1 respectively)

Doing well at the box office isn't the sole reason for an actor being nominated though, there's a lot of factor that go into play anyway. That being said I don't Gyllenhaal will be nominated though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1