aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

That one still almost matched it's prod budget (152) with the domestic take (146.5) and is looking at 490+ global (once it release in Japan). That ww is a very healthy 3.25x the prod budget.. This is Pacific Rim all over (102 dom + 309 os = 411 ww on a 190 prod budget).

Blade Runner also had some serious frontloading based off its midnight numbers. similar to Pacific Rim in 2013. Not great. 

I wonder why Warcraft flopped. It had flawless CGI, an amazing, exciting and uncliched story, and unprecedented characters. This was obviously the works of paid critics and the GA was too dumb to understand.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I don't understand..BR2049 is hyped from everywhere but it's still a flop, there's some disconnect between critics/social networks and the real world..

Now is not the time for proper analysis. America is dumb as F*ck the GA just doesnt get this movie and they dont deserve it.

• Haha 1

Fuuuuuuck. I was skeptical for the longest time but joined the hype train sometime last week. So I don't even get the small win of "I told you so" cause I was straight up thinking a 50M+ weekend was going to happen.

The movie did 10.9M (our equivalent) at my theatre last night, but I didn't even bother reporting it because I thought it was way too low and I wouldn't be taken seriously at all the BR was going to crash on WC shows (I thought I was the outlier too lol)

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

GUYS WARCRAFT FLOPPED BECAUSE AMERICANS DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.  IT'S AN ART FILM.  YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO UNDERSTAND THE INNER COMPLEXITIES OF WARCRAFT (2016, DIR. DUNCAN JONES)

I never said it is a complex movie. I said it was  a nice fantasy film that was unreasonably flopped in US because it got funded by Wanda and all the Disney Lobby(yeah because of their issues with the parks) bashed the movie.So i dont feel bad for Blade Runner(even though it is probs a good movie)

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

So where's that guy who was trying to convince me Ryan Gosling is a bigger draw than JLaw? :lol: 

OMG, it's like so obvious...

Song to Song

Domestic Total Gross: $443,684
Distributor: Broad Green Pictures Release Date: March 17, 2017
Genre: Drama Runtime: 2 hrs. 8 min.
MPAA Rating: R Production Budget: N/A

Serena

Domestic Total Gross: $176,391
Distributor: Magnolia Release Date: March 27, 2015
Genre: Drama Runtime: 1 hrs. 49 min.
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rentaro1989 said:

I never said it is a complex movie. I said it was  a nice fantasy film that was unreasonably flopped in US because it got funded by Wanda and all the Disney Lobby(yeah because of their issues with the parks) bashed the movie.So i dont feel bad for Blade Runner(even though it is probs a good movie)

Huh?

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't understand..BR2049 is hyped from everywhere but it's still a flop, there's some disconnect between critics/social networks and the real world..

Hyped from movie crowd and hardcore SciFi fans , looking at the box office that was the only crowd which went . which means the mass audience had little interest , blame the marketing or the fact that its cyberpunk 

I have shown the original blade runner to 10 people who were not huge movie nerds but watched often and none of them liked blade runner , its pure art form 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rentaro1989 said:

what

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

OMG, it's like so obvious...

Song to Song

Domestic Total Gross: $443,684
Distributor: Broad Green Pictures Release Date: March 17, 2017
Genre: Drama Runtime: 2 hrs. 8 min.

Serena

Domestic Total Gross: $176,391
Distributor: Magnolia Release Date: March 27, 2015
Genre: Drama Runtime: 1 hrs. 49 min.

Rooney Mara, her power

Gitesh projecting 34m

#BladeRunner2049 slowed down FRI night, ended at $12.7M. Wknd may reach about $34M.

BOM projecting 31-36

With an estimated $12.7 million on Friday (including $4 million from Thursday night previews), Blade Runner 2049 is looking to come in well below expectations, targeting an opening anywhere from $31-36 million.

Can't see how it does 34+ honestly.

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I wonder why Warcraft flopped. It had flawless CGI, an amazing, exciting and uncliched story, and unprecedented characters. This was obviously the works of paid critics and the GA was too dumb to understand.

The GA doesn't get art house movies like Warcraft, BvS & Valerian

The writing was on the wall for BR2049.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1