aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

• Founder / Operator
4 minutes ago, BXT said:

Looking back I don't think trailers did a good job of selling the movie to GA who aren't familiar with the original BR. There is Gosling, there is Harrison Ford and a couple of other recognizable actors , there are grand proclamations about civilizations and replicants but what's the story ? If you can't sell your movie in 30 seconds soundbytes/clips then I don't think people are buying it. Unfortunate but true.

I can generally agree here. Even though I generally think the marketing was good enough to drive interest by way of sheer curiosity/hype/star power/visual intrigue/filmmaker credits, the challenge was always going to be "how do we get young audiences excited about a sequel to a movie 35 years old?"

Then again, Mad Max: Fury Road had a similar monkey on its back. Hard to compare the two directly as films themselves in terms of action and pacing, of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

BR 2049 was just an impossible film to market with a simple hook without revealing important spoilers.

Yep. Theres an important spoiler in like the first 5 minutes of this film. Kinda impossible to market this thing.

Not to mention the trailers sort of gave it an action packed feel with cliche action lines like "You're special", "This could break the world", blah blah. Not that these lines aren't in the film, just not in a way you'd expect.

Just now, grey ghost said:

MI2 is that girl you enjoyed a one night stand with but you deny it because she's a cheap, manipulative skank compared to the other girls at her job.

Speak for yourself. There is always a place at my table for MI2.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

MI2 is that girl you enjoyed a one night stand with but you deny it because she's a cheap, manipulative skank compared to the other girls at her job.

It is unfortunate that John Woo gave us the worst movie in the M:I series

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Speak for yourself. There is always a place at my table for MI2.

Myself? Lol.

MI fans typically shit all over MI2 for being the "short bus" MI movie.

You guys are celebrating it cause the gifs are funny af.

Edited by grey ghost

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

It is unfortunate that John Woo gave us the worst movie in the M:I series

weird, I didn't know he ghost directed the third one. that's a neat little fun fact.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Disbelief 1

I am on the dark and grim train. To a lesser degree affected War of Apes too. Dunkirk on the other hand was a tale of hope.

BR2049 looks just too dour to attract non-fans. Tron Legacy looked fun (didn't like the movie much) but the promos were exciting.

Fury Road looked like a blast. BR2049's contemplative grit definitely stands out compared to other films in my opinion.

It couldn't reach the GA like Martian and Gravity too - both optimistic stories - that didn't seem nerdy.

Edited by a2knet

MI2 is the worst MI imo and it is easy to find people who agree with you. However I don't get why MI4 is so highly rated. It's the 2nd worst MI.

I don't like even numbered MI. Sadly MI6 is next.

Edited by a2knet