Alli

WEEKEND Box Office: BOO-21.6M; Geostorm-13.3M; OTB-6M; Snowman-3.4M

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Maybe Wonderstruck will expand strongly since it's PG-rated and could fill the family movie void.

That won't happen. Not only is it performing poorly in limited, but are kids going to sit through a movie that's partially black and white? :lol: 

Big animation news!!

Despicable Me 3 has officially crossed FINDING DORY to become the #4 highest grossing animated film OF ALL TIME!!

Illumination now has the #2 and #4 highest animated films of all time (Minions and DM3). 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $263,269,020    25.6%
Foreign:  $765,400,000    74.4%

Worldwide:  $1,028,669,020  

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, MinaTakla said:

Big animation news!!

Despicable Me 3 has officially crossed FINDING DORY to become the #4 highest grossing animated film OF ALL TIME!!

Illumination now has the #2 and #4 highest animated films of all time (Minions and DM3). 

Total Lifetime Grosses

cool.

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Nobody gives a shit.

Even I don't get this obsessed with Disney or Pixar milestones. But if I did I still probably wouldn't make big celebratory posts about them three months after they've been out.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Big animation news!!

Total Lifetime Grosses

Sad news.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have INCREDIBLE news! Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House just became Liam Neeson's second best limited expansion behind Silence!

That’s unprecedented.

Just now, Mr Impossible said:

I think Harvey Weinstein scandal is hurting box office. People are just turned off by Hollywood now. 

Pretty sure the fact that people's choices were Geostorm or The Snowman is what's doing most of the damage

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Maybe Wonderstruck will expand strongly since it's PG-rated and could fill the family movie void.

Families can see Thor Ragnarok or Justice League. If they want less violent PG entertainment Coco, The Star and Daddy’s Home 2 are on the horizon. 

Edited by babz06

I get MinaTakla is hyped about DM3’s and loves Illumination, it’s just that DM3 reaching $1B isn’t a surprise to anyone. It has nothing to do with biases. Had Pets or Grinch made $1B, that’d be an impressive run. There’s also far more impressive runs this year like IT, WW, Dunkirk, Beast, and Get Out. However I will give DM3 this, aside from Boss Baby and Lego Batman, it was the only really successful animated movie this year.

Edited by YourMother