Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Suspended and not postponed?  Wow, that could be just ending the season period.

Not saying that will happen but at this point, who knows how they will decide to handle it after time. 

No real loss but still just showing how dominos are falling 

Edited by 75Live

2 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Suspended and not postponed?  Wow, that could be just ending the season period.

Not saying that will happen but at this point, who knows how they will decide to handle it after time. 

No real loss but still just showing how dominos are falling 

Sorry, but for fans and the many people who depend on the NBA games for their jobs...people who work at the arenas, etc, it is a big loss.

And don't think this is not going to send shock waves throught the entertinament business.

One of the movie conventions near me was canceled until their other show later in the year around August. 

Shame but I get it.  My friend was going to go so hopefully he gets his refund quickly.

MEANWHILE....

=====

I haven't been on board with this whole Late Stages of the Roman Republic (or Roman Empire) nonsense, but situations like the above sure do test my patience when it comes to refuting the theorem.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

MEANWHILE....

=====

I haven't been on board with this whole Late Stages of the Roman Republic (or Roman Empire) nonsense, but situations like the above sure do test my patience when it comes to refuting the theorem.

Sean Spicer was on Dancing with the Stars not too long ago. These shows will do anything for headlines (and also goes to show how low their standards for "stars" is).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

If movies then TV shows stop... it kind of sucks that Cyberpunk was delayed. :kitschjob:

Apparently we're already seeing the effects of it on production:

Although Deadline didn't say whether the Elvis movie has halted filming or not. I'm guessing they could just shoot around Hanks' scenes until he recovers (which will probably be a couple of weeks).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Although Deadline didn't say whether the Elvis movie has halted filming or not. I'm guessing they could just shoot around Hanks' scenes until he recovers (which will probably be a couple of weeks).

WB shooting all their movies obscenely early means production could be shut down and it'd still hit the October 2021 date

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

WB shooting all their movies obscenely early means production could be shut down and it'd still hit the October 2021 date

Baz Luhrmann movies usually have long post-production histories anyway. Moulin Rouge and The Great Gatsby were both supposed to be year-end releases originally and were pushed to the following summers on relatively short notice.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Apparently we're already seeing the effects of it on production:

Not surprising. I was thinking, before network series the late night shows will be the first to go. But I suppose writers and some staff can work from home. With a skeleton crew and no audience, late night can go for a while as long as the hosts don't get sick.

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They're putting in quarantine people Hanks has been in contact with. That would probably include many people working on the movie. And then in two weeks someone else in the crew or cast will be sick... It is just not practical, everything will be shut down for some time.

Edited by MrGlass2