Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

19 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I mean, it's definitely easier to put a Sunday show on a Saturday, so I imagine DWTS is in fact strong enough to at least pull the win. Again, I think it should at least match the 9.9% rating it did last weekend. But it's definitely not breaching beyond low to mid 10% tops and I think Árvore dos Desejos will come closer than expected. Make no mistake: the show is undefeated since S1 and the S2 premiere, letdown or not, still won against brutal competition. Under normal circumstances, it should hit 10%+. We'll see what happens. And yeah, Mental Samurai on Fridays has been a wreck. It's not happening this week, though, but it should happen again when DWTS takes Saturday. And TVI have already announced that Boom will be weekly, so a Mental Samurai on Fridays and Boom on Saturdays schedule could happen, which would bomb horribly but whatever.

RAP will definitely curbstomp BB2020, but who knows regarding 24 Horas, honestly. I mean, the premiere wasn't that strong and the show has been criticized for lack of content and not being positioned favorably (it isn't a Sunday night show according to those who saw it). I will say that I don't see BB doing more than, say, 11-12% post-premiere, but until The Farmer Wants A Wife premieres, that should be enough to be competitive at least. Cláudio Ramos ain't drawing anyone, but a good casting could. But if TVI botches that, bombs away.

Agree, the soap is either gonna lift the current results or it's another bomb. I'm not as pessimistic as you because audiences love rural stories and Quer o Destino seems fairly light as well (apart from the central revenge motto), not to mention that it has been promoted forever now, but no way it's beating Nazaré, Nazaré is a 14-15% rating juggernaut. It's like the biggest weekday primetime hit since the 1st few months of A Herdeira. The soap should only hope to improve results.

And yeah, coronavirus is already helping. Primeiro Jornal scored 37% share on LIVE alone yesterday. Fucking insane.

I JUST WOKE UP TO THE NEWS OF COFINA's FAILURE :hahaha:

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

I JUST WOKE UP TO THE NEWS OF COFINA's FAILURE :hahaha:

OH MY FUCKING GOD :hahaha:

I mean, safe to say that the one good thing Media Capital was getting out of the Cofina deal - tons of money - is gone now, but at least the group's integrity is still alive. Thank the Holy Beast that those trashbags aren't getting their hands on one of the country's most beloved media groups. It'd be TVI, TVI24, Comercial, Cidade FM and M80 all under the hands of the CMTV monsters.

• Like 1

gonna apologize to god because i just bought my Disney+ subscription before it drops here in the UK soon. but hey if i'm playing it safe and not leaving my house for the next undisclosed amount of time might as well binge the simpsons.

• Haha 1

All of 2021's blockbusters shooting right now is gonna feature everyone washing their hands every 10-15 minutes to fight off the spread of coronavirus. Bring it on, I say (the movies, not the disease lol).

Edited by filmlover

2 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Major Variety article about how the coronavirus is affecting the industry and what might happen. 

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/hollywood-coronavirus-entertainment-industry-movies-festivals-1203529795/

If this continues the way it does, Hollywood problems will be the last of our concerns.

China just produces way too mnay things, some supply chains are already suffering in all ALL sectors and no sign of getting back to normal in sight.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

gonna apologize to god because i just bought my Disney+ subscription before it drops here in the UK soon. but hey if i'm playing it safe and not leaving my house for the next undisclosed amount of time might as well binge the simpsons.

I admit that I was never gonna re-up DC Universe...but now I'm telling my spouse to see if there's a deal or what the current rate is (for when our sub expires at the end of this month) b/c I'll need my kids to have all the streaming options I can get...

Plus, I can always watch the Swamp Thing series...

53 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

If this continues the way it does, Hollywood problems will be the last of our concerns.

China just produces way too mnay things, some supply chains are already suffering in all ALL sectors and no sign of getting back to normal in sight.

In good news, in the past, the world has shown the ability to get manufacturing up and running quickly for simple products...so if, say, the US got serious about having enough masks and sanitizer, we could do it, probably at the expense of some "nice" product...but needed would have to beat nice...

Not sure we can do the same for medicines...

Well one positive take from the virus is that my ignore list has been getting some love with new additions 😛

But anyway, I finished watching McMillions and it was a good docuseries. I always said the thing was fixed from the beginning and seeing how in depth it all went and how he did it was interesting. 

Edited by 75Live

Everything just feels so weird and uncertain right now. My university has now shut down through March, and I just cancelled my spring break plans. Looks like I'll be de facto quarantined the next two weeks, at least. And now watching March Madness looks like it will be a surreal experience. Interesting times, for sure. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Everything just feels so weird and uncertain right now. My university has now shut down through March, and I just cancelled my spring break plans. Looks like I'll be de facto quarantined the next two weeks, at least. And now watching March Madness looks like it will be a surreal experience. Interesting times, for sure. 

All sports events will be canceled soon. Some players or staff will get sick.

50 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Without the crowd, March Madness is going lose a lot of it;'s excitement. It will be pretty boring, and the ratings will drop like a stone.