Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just watched The Lost City of Z and then tried to see what people on the internet (mostly reddit) thought of the movie and of course people hated on the movie for not being Uncharted like they hated Ad Astra for not being Interstellar.

Either way, loved The Lost City of Z (more than Ad Astra too). Still trying to understand parts of it but the film does an amazing job at showing Fawcett's obsession and the destruction it brings. Final 10 minutes was beautiful and there's this tinge of melancholy throughout that I loved too.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just watched The Lost City of Z and then tried to see what people on the internet (mostly reddit) thought of the movie and of course people hated on the movie for not being Uncharted like they hated Ad Astra for not being Interstellar.

Either way, loved The Lost City of Z (more than Ad Astra too). Still trying to understand parts of it but the film does an amazing job at showing Fawcett's obsession and the destruction it brings. Final 10 minutes was beautiful and there's this tinge of melancholy throughout that I loved too.

Z is fantastic. AD ASTRA mostly isn’t. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

It took me a few days, but I finally finished the extended cut of UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD. It feels impossible to sum up in a neat grade. It’s pretty monumental, at times whimsical, beautiful, tragic, silly, unspeakably sad, joyful, deft, indulgent. I can’t recommend it enough, if you’re able to watch it — really, you haven’t seen anything quite like it before. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DeeCee said:

How will the players get paid?

College players don't get paid salaries. They generally have scholarships and don't have to pay tution, but if they actullly get paid per se they lose their amateur status.

The NCAA is college;the NBA is the US professional association.

18 hours ago, filmlover said:

Can't help but wonder if Kevin Feige gave her a call over the past few days and said "fix this or you're out."

Yeah, I think Papa Feige had a talk with Lilly.

You think enough celebs have gotten into trouble with stupid twitters to make other celebs think twice but no.

Problem with Twitter is there is no filter, you can say first thing that  pops into your head,and the first thing that pops into your

head is often pretty stupid.

PR people must HATE Twitter with a passion. Makes their job of saving their clients from themselves almost impossible at times.

Edited by dudalb

I have been absolutely fascinated by QUIBI. Is it a thing anyone would want?

Its a streaming service with only 10 minute episodes of expensive celeb driven shows... exclusively for smartphones.

For $5 a month you get to watch these shows WITH ads. I have been baffled by the appeal for months. They keep advertising that you can watch an entire show in portrait mode, it’s their big feature, but all that tells me is that their content is so undemanding of my attention that they offer an edit where I don’t need to exhaust the energy needed to turn my phone sideways. AND THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR IT?!?!

It’s incredible. The nerve, the audacity of it all.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

Its a streaming service with only 10 minute episodes of expensive celeb driven shows... exclusively for smartphones.

For $5 a month you get to watch these shows WITH ads. I have been baffled by the appeal for months. They keep advertising that you can watch an entire show in portrait mode, it’s their big feature, but all that tells me is that their content is so undemanding of my attention that they offer an edit where I don’t need to exhaust the energy needed to turn my phone sideways. AND THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR IT?!?!

Who else but Katzenberg?

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

Wait until Killing Zac Efron or whatever his reality thing on there is becomes everyone's new obsession while in quarantine.

50 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Wait until Killing Zac Efron or whatever his reality thing on there is becomes everyone's new obsession while in quarantine.

They almost lived up to the title

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/590544-zac-efron-almost-died-after-catching-lethal-bacterial-infection

The 32-year-old High School Musical actor was in the midst of shooting for his upcoming survival documentary in Papua New Guinea when he contracted a type of typhoid ahead of Christmas.

Reports had cited the illness to be a form of "typhoid or similar bacterial infection", which, as per The Sunday Telegraph started worsening, leading to the actor getting flown to Australia on an immediate basis.

Reports revealed the flight that the former Disney star took to Brisbane had reportedly been termed as a ‘life or death flight.’

After arriving to Brisbane, the actor was moved to St Andrews War Memorial Hospital where he received treatment for multiple days before he was given the authorization to head back to the US to celebrate Christmas.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sad part is he's probably right.

How do you think the 3 seashells came to be? Lack of toilet paper.

LA and other places are already ticketing people who are outside during the no gatherings rule, just a step away from ticketing people for swearing