Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Has anyone else been watching late night shows that have adjusted to our present situation? I'm watching The Daily Show and even when Trevor Noah has jokes that hit, it still feels downright eerie not hearing anyone laughing in the background.

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

Has anyone else been watching late night shows that have adjusted to our present situation? I'm watching The Daily Show and even when Trevor Noah has jokes that hit, it still feels downright eerie not hearing anyone laughing in the background.

Same although it's been fun seeing these people doing the shows from their homes. That was also true of the interviews I caught from the highlights of Rosie O'Donnell's super star-studded one night revival of her show the other day where most of the participants (including LMM, NPH, Idina Menzel, Darren Criss, Cynthia Erivo, Billy Porter, Audra McDonald, Ben Platt, Patti LuPone, and many many more) were dropping in from their beds, kitchens, home offices, living rooms, etc.

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

@Cap

Lol. “Its a mystery about if he did it, so let’s cast the nazi kid from knives out as the kid”

that said; totally ready for evans to go darkside dad and be pretty doing it . 

show looks like trash. can’t wait!!!

12 minutes ago, Cap said:

Lol. “Its a mystery about if he did it, so let’s cast the nazi kid from knives out as the kid”

that said; totally ready for evans to go darkside dad and be pretty doing it . 

show looks like trash. can’t wait!!!

To be fair, this was shot right after Knives Out was done so Jaeden Martell was chosen for this because he was still the IT kid.

I actually don't mind that these kinds of trashy 80s/90s TV movie-esque projects are starting to make a comeback lol. Even the Sleeping with the Enemy/The Hand That Rocks the Cradle type of thrillers are making a low-key resurgence, mainly as vehicles for award-winning actresses (Ma with Octavia Spencer, The Invisible Man with Elisabeth Moss, Run with Sarah Paulson).

when i was a teenager one halloween i watched From Beyond with my parents. one of my bigger mistakes. i had seen re-animator so i figured i knew what i was in for and it would be fine but the BDSM stuff took me by surprise. one of the most uncomfortable viewing experiences of my life but RIP all the same.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Oh and the Tony Awards are postponed but that was expected. 

if you need your fix, I HIGHLY suggest Seth Rudetsky's #StarsInTheHouse.

Has anyone seen The Platform on Netflix? It's really interesting, but Forbes pretty much summed up why the narrative didn't quite work for me: The movie is such a perfect allegory for the traps of modern society, that if there was such a perfect way to wrap it up, society would have already thought of it.

Basically, the movie writes itself into a corner by presenting a scenario that the human race has not even solved. Interesting movie, but it's allegorical almost to a fault. 

1 hour ago, Cap said:

if you need your fix, I HIGHLY suggest Seth Rudetsky's #StarsInTheHouse.

Not necessarily a major theatre fan but I did read a few days ago that National Theatre Live is considering making their recorded performances (like the Andrew Garfield-led version of Angels in America) available for streaming while everyone is in self-quarantine. Might check out some of those if they release them for free.

• Like 1