Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, The Last Panda said:

What are some FYC movies for then Bamboo Awards?

I am currently planning on seeing TLJ, Call Me By Your Name, Shape of Water, The Disaster Artist, Good Time, Wind River, Downsizing, A Ghost Story, Killing of the Sacred Deer and maybe Your Name before I do them later this month (Im still iffy if I want to count Your Name as 2016 or 2017)

I'd especially like some FYCs of indies and foreign flicks I may be overlooking (but I need to be able to watch them before the 30th, not going to delay my end of year list into January for a movie.  Never made that exception before, still won't)

As Your Name had a qualifying release in 2016, I wouldn't count it as a 2017 film. Ran into the same annoyance with The Wind Rises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Last Panda said:

What are some FYC movies for then Bamboo Awards?

I am currently planning on seeing TLJ, Call Me By Your Name, Shape of Water, The Disaster Artist, Good Time, Wind River, Downsizing, A Ghost Story, Killing of the Sacred Deer and maybe Your Name before I do them later this month (Im still iffy if I want to count Your Name as 2016 or 2017)

I'd especially like some FYCs of indies and foreign flicks I may be overlooking (but I need to be able to watch them before the 30th, not going to delay my end of year list into January for a movie.  Never made that exception before, still won't)

See The Florida Project if it's playing anywhere near you. I actually passed by the hotel in the movie while vacationing at Disney the other week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

We've already gotten cameos from Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, and Steve Martin so I would say: very fucking high.

He's periscoping from LA. If he showed up, it was gonna be the monologue. No way would you depend on Wiseau in a sketch.

Very low.

Edited by MrPink
  • Sad 2