Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, DARth DAR said:

For me the brontosaurus stampede went on way to long 

The CGI in that scene doesn't help. In retrospect those effects (more specifically that scene) didn't hold up so well, plus it is a bit too much.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

He only did The Hobbit because Del Toro dropped out because of the MGM situation which held up the films being made. He did The Lovely Bones in the period between Kong and Hobbit as well as produce District 9, I wonder if he'll tackle another smaller film before doing another tentpole. 

Jackson claims he wants to take a break after The Hobbit, though he's still producing and co-writing a potential franchise. He also expressed interest in helping fund more independent movies in NZ, which seems like a good thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Jackson claims he wants to take a break after The Hobbit, though he's still producing and co-writing a potential franchise. He also expressed interest in helping fund more independent movies in NZ, which seems like a good thing. 

We'll see how Mortal Engines fares but I am sure Jackson will be back directing sooner or later. 

So gots a theater related question for folks. Do ALL Regal Cinemas try to push 3D movies on their RPX/'IMAX' screens and leave the 2D showings for their lesser screens for big ticket premieres? Cause it seems to me that locally, they do this all the flippin time.

I use to not really care/pay attention, but we're getting two new theater complexes in town Real Soon Now.  One is going to be run by Cinemark under the Century brand (they're usually very good about either promoting 2D on its biggest screens or at least having a good mix).  That one is going up in Downtown to replace a theater that use to be there.

But there's going to be a brand new one literally, LITERALLY, a couple of miles from where I live.  Great!  Except it's a Regal Cinema.  So while I would love to have a movie complex nearly a stone's throw from me, I'm just worried/wondering how likely they are to try to promote 3D on their biggest screens.

Basically I'm more or less asking: Is this sort of thing a corporate/franchise decision, or could it be down to the district manager.  Or, hopefully, even the local manager.  Coz I'll just say I am a hell of a lot more likely to show up at this theater if they give some love to 2D films on their biggest screens. :)

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

So gots a theater related question for folks. Do ALL Regal Cinemas try to push 3D movies on their RPX/'IMAX' screens and leave the 2D showings for their lesser screens for big ticket premieres? Cause it seems to me that locally, they do this all the flippin time.

I use to not really care/pay attention, but we're getting two new theater complexes in town Real Soon Now.  One is going to be run by Cinemark under the Century brand (they're usually very good about either promoting 2D on its biggest screens or at least having a good mix).  That one is going up in Downtown to replace a theater that use to be there.

But there's going to be a brand new one literally, LITERALLY, a couple of miles from where I live.  Great!  Except it's a Regal Cinema.  So while I would love to have a movie complex nearly a stone's throw from me, I'm just worried/wondering how likely they are to try to promote 3D on their biggest screens.

Basically I'm more or less asking: Is this sort of thing a corporate/franchise decision, or could it be down to the district manager.  Or, hopefully, even the local manager.  Coz I'll just say I am a hell of a lot more likely to show up at this theater if they give some love to 2D films on their biggest screens. :)

It's probably just your Regal. Typically the RPXs in Orlando do an even 2D/3D split with one extra in favor of 2D. AMC tends to be the chain that pushes 3D harder from what I and others on here see in their area. If more competition is coming to your area, chances are they'll push 2D more.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2