Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Is it wrong that I'm considering dropping a class two weeks into the semester? There were some red flags in the first week that I should have paid attention to, but it's been dawning over me that my philosophy professor is terrible. For starters, he didn't even go over the syllabus on the first day; instead, he just wrote the exam dates on the board and left it at that. The dude is completely unorganized, never has what he wants to say in order, and goes off topic for 80% of the class period. The readings he assigns are barely expanded upon in class, and for some reason he wants us to read how to write a philosophy essay when this is still a foreign subject for many in the class. The paper won't be assigned (not due; ASSIGNED) for another month, which makes it even more baffling. Now, I'm not dropping the class ASAP, but the first exam is in two weeks (which is also the first actual graded thing). I think that exam will decide what I do with the class because I genuinely don't have the patience for this. I can always take another humanities class over the summer to fulfill the requirement.

Bit late to the party but that sounds like every single philosophy class I've ever been to.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I get that... but who told you condoms suck?

they're fucking hilarious tbh. I find them super amusing 

Literally everyone hates condoms. Yeah, they protect you, but it's a damn glove designed to prevent pregnancies and STDs.

4 hours ago, Jandrew said:

My GRE date has been set for Feburary 6th. If any of you have had any recent experience with it please let me know. This is going to be a very big test.

Don't really study on the last day. Use it to relax. When you take the test, you can choose to take breaks at certain points or just go on. It's up to you. There's some strict stuff to prevent cheating so keep that in mind in terms of procedure, and you get your test results immediately.

Hopefully you've taken practice tests and make sure you've taken at least a practice test with the time limits imposed so you can pace yourself. Don't sleep on writing either. At least do 1 practice essay or two.