Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Anyone see the latest PUblicity Stunt at Vanity Fair? The sales must be so low. Print media is on its last legs, but im still surprised they pulled this stunt. Apparently they gave oprah three hands for the cover and now everybody acts sooo surprised like it was not totally planed. I hate publicity stunts and all these fake celebs acting so surprised...

https://mobile.twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/956625682406273025/photo/1

Edited by Alli

10 minutes ago, Alli said:

Anyone see the latest PUblicity Stunt at Vanity Fair? The sales must be so low. Print media is on its last legs, but im still surprised they pulled this stunt. Apparently they gave oprah three hands for the cover and now everybody acts sooo surprised like it was not totally planed. I hate publicity stunts and all these fake celebs acting so surprised...

And they had the nerve  to call trump campaign a publicity stunt. I m starting to have an increasily low tolerance for The HW machine. All of it is FAKE NEWS 

and people wonder why trump won. The media is so dishonest

Edited by Alli

17 minutes ago, Alli said:

1. The issue has nothing to do with Oprah's hands (they're claiming Witherspoon has three legs)

2. Why do you think it was planned?

3. How exactly are they "fake celebs"?

I'm not sure I fully buy the "three leg" argument, since there's other explanations for it, but it's not like Photoshop disasters haven't happened before. No conspiracy or secret stunt, just someone screwed up, that's all.

6 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

1. The issue has nothing to do with Oprah's hands (they're claiming Witherspoon has three legs)

I'm not sure I fully buy the "three leg" argument, since there's other explanations for it, but it's not like Photoshop disasters haven't happened before. No conspiracy or secret stunt, just someone screwed up, that's all.

Theres another photo with oprah and her three hands. This is nothing but viral marketing aka fake fake fake

https://mobile.twitter.com/TimMarcin/status/956628136497643521

21 minutes ago, Alli said:

Theres another photo with oprah and her three hands. This is nothing but viral marketing aka fake fake fake

What do you mean ?, that they are manufacturing a controversy out of absolutely nothing (something about a 100% benign Photoshop error ?)

People on the Internet can make up something out of nothing like talking about an extra hand on a picture for free without having people to plan it I think.

Not sure I follow if you are serious at all... how can it do good PR for anyone to manufacture false controversy like that ? Everyone talking about that are joking I would imagine.

Edited by Barnack

10 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

Actually I think the most reasonable explanation is that that Oprah and Witherspoon are both lizard people.  Thus they actually have many hands and legs, sometimes they slip up at hiding them!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

Take a step back and consider what you're actually getting mad about here.

It's very inconsequential.

• Like 2

Jumanji is getting a sequel and it's aiming to stand of with Star Wars again.

"Tom Rothman is not only pressing ahead with a Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle 2, but it sounds like it’s going to happen sooner rather than later. The plan is to try and get the film in cinemas for the end of 2019. "

lol

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jumanji is getting a sequel and it's aiming to stand of with Star Wars again.

"Tom Rothman is not only pressing ahead with a Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle 2, but it sounds like it’s going to happen sooner rather than later. The plan is to try and get the film in cinemas for the end of 2019. "

lol

WB will probably have Sherlock Holmes 3 ready for Dec 2020 ;)

1 hour ago, DAR said:

That was um yeah

I'm surprised more people here aren't watching it. It's not People vs. O.J. (a very tall order, mind you) but it's been a solid follow-up season so far. Certainly it's avoided the fate of True Detective Season 2. Darren Criss is scary as fuck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm surprised more people here aren't watching it. It's not People vs. O.J. (a very tall order, mind you) but it's been a solid follow-up season so far. Certainly it's avoided the fate of True Detective Season 2. Darren Criss is scary as fuck.

My parents watched it.  And mom asked me about that scene:

Mom:  Do people really do that?

Me: I guess they do.

Mom: Well that’s just weird