Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, Royce said:

I've got to check out Ben-Hur (1959) sometime

Being one of the only 3 movies to ever win 11 Oscars + being the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time at the time must mean something, right?

watched it last week.. chariot scene is great

On 03.04.2018 at 7:00 AM, tribefan695 said:

@Jake Gittes I hate to ask anyone to speak on behalf of an entire culture, but surely all Russian women aren't as toxic as the ones in Loveless, are they?

:hahaha:No. Not at all. 

For me, the fact that you even have to ask (even if jokingly) points to the problem with the movie and Zvyagintsev in general. It's not that people like those in the movie don't exist, of course they do. But he presents the whole thing as this judgmental, didactic state-of-the-nation address that makes it seem like what's onscreen is the only Russia there is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Hid it. Best to avoid comparing people to him.

was rather a dig at BBC than calling that dude picture a pedo or something lol, no issues here though just wanted to check I wasn't off the rocker and I did actually post it

HEY so remember on Friday when I said this college called me and talked to me even though I was super under-qualified for their IT position?

I JUST saw one today at the same school that matches my qualifications. Truthfully I am overqualified for it but whatever, I don't care.

So fingers crossed! 

• Like 6