Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Have any fun at least?:Venom:

Honestly I have no desire to ever visit a strip club. Just not my kind of entertainment

The ones out west are just horrible and overpriced lol

I would say unless you go to Montreal and just go for a beer with friends they are rather boring and blah and just awkward (and this is coming from someone who used to be a partial owner of one). 

Its sort of a Canadian Tradition, while in Montreal to go to a gentleman's club on Rue St. Catherine. I know tons of American 18-20-year-olds from New England go to Montreal for that. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Steam is now selling a game called "AIDS simulator"(not a joke). It's about you killing some random African people because you are angry that you got HIV in Africa. Oh Valve...

maybe deciding to be like the android marketplace isn't gonna go well for them

54 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Steam is now selling a game called "AIDS simulator"(not a joke). It's about you killing some random African people because you are angry that you got HIV in Africa. Oh Valve...

They literally made this over Half-Life 3 or Portal 3?

12 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

They literally made this over Half-Life 3 or Portal 3?

They didn't make it, it's being sold on Steam, which is owned by Valve. So they aren't making it, but they are publishing it...

Steam is full of crap these days, sadly.

• ...wtf 1

Just finished re-watching the Ocean's trilogy ahead of seeing Ocean's 8 on Saturday. Allow me to echo the cliche ranking of 11-13-12.

We still don't get A24 movies here (despite getting some of their trailers in front of recent films), so it looks like I've got a lengthy drive ahead of me to see Hereditary.

She’s just.... cancer.

• ...wtf 2

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

She’s just.... cancer.

That handle name ("Mary-Kate Olsen Killed Heath Ledger")...

And Grace Randolph is a clown. Why people pay so much attention to her (or any of these YouTube personalities tbh) is beyond me.

10 hours ago, DAJK said:

Have any fun at least?:Venom:

Honestly I have no desire to ever visit a strip club. Just not my kind of entertainment

i mean i wasn't necessarily entertained. I kinda just went to say I've been there

47 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That handle name ("Mary-Kate Olsen Killed Heath Ledger")...

And Grace Randolph is a clown. Why people pay so much attention to her (or any of these YouTube personalities tbh) is beyond me.

I agree with you on Grace but I think you are really showing your age if you think that other much bigger YouTubers (who get more views on a daily or weekly basis) then a lot of mainstream media personalities are to be ignored.

We may disagree with what they say, but they have a huge influence, therefore if they say stupidity it spreads like wildfire and has to be pointed out.

Like if Pewdiepie who has 63 million subscribers said the same stuff that Grace did right now, that is a major issue. (plus he has a huge army of evil 9 year olds lol)  

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Youtubers may have their followings but I have yet to seen one clearly make it big beyond Internet.

The issue is more the youtubers have big followings but no impact outside their followings, however, we can say that a lot of many tv shows and music acts these days.  

But I do agree apart from the Paul Brothers and Pewdiepie and some others (due to controversy) must do not have much name but they have influence nonetheless. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

breaking news people use the internet in 2018 

Of cource I am not denying that you can do pretty well on Internet alone but I am just arguing that there has yet to be one Youtuber to elevate themselves to a big name even outside of the Internet crowd which is even right now a lit bit more specific.

If you ask 10 +40 people who Pewdiepie is I am unsure that more than 2 or 3 would know. I may be wrong but that's how I feel that most of them cannot do things outside of Youtube.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

10 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Of cource I am not denying that you can do pretty well on Internet alone but I am just arguing that there has yet to be one Youtuber to elevate themselves to a big name even outside of the Internet crowd which is even not a lit bit more specific.

If you ask 10 +40 people who Pewdiepie is I am unsure that more than 2 or 3 would know. I may be wrong but that's how I feel that most of them cannot do things outside of Youtube.

I think that applies to any new medium, people who are 30-40+ are not used to watching Youtubers. 

When I go eat lunch at work, I go watch youtube, while the older employees will go watch the View on TV.

Plus I think a lot of them make decent cash from Youtube and have a lot more leeway on content.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1