Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

So Time Warner is no more and it's now renamed WarnerMedia which I assumed would be one of the names they'd choose as they'd never drop the Warner name. It's a bit generic but it works. I wonder which film will be the first to get the new byline.

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Are the Brazilians actually bitter that a singer that I personally find nothing special (tho that's just me) dedicated a song to us rather than them (even tho he's of Portuguese descent, not Brazilian) and want the gold that we took 500 years ago back? :rofl:

(I know it's a joke/meme, but I sometimes can't tell if they're serious or not..... some of what I've seen comes off as seriously hostile/xenophobe)

Wait what  :winomg:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Wait what  :winomg:

Yeah, it's true, look it up on Twitter. The brazucas are, like, REALLY, REALLY salty and throwing all kinds of shade :rofl:  It honestly got the point where I've seen legit disgusting xenophobe insults thrown from each side. It's like the internet doesn't know when to stop. I wish Shawn Mendes actually tweeted out that the BR x PT thing is fucking ridiculous and everyone who started it should be ashamed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I assume by America you mean New York City

Um Chicago >>> New York. Matter of fact I'd probably put LA > New York. DC > New York. Nashville > New York. New York is great, but it aint "America." That's like when people say the Cowboys are "America's team." I didn't ask them boys to the represent me.

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Um Chicago >>> New York. Matter of fact I'd probably put LA > New York. DC > New York. Nashville > New York. New York is great, but it aint "America." That's like when people say the Cowboys are "America's team." I didn't ask them boys to the represent me.

I would be shocked though if any Brit thought Nashville was better than NYC.

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I would be shocked though if any Brit thought Nashville was better than NYC.

IDK, maybe. New York is basically London's twin with skyscrapers. Can't think of anything in the UK close to Nashville. Country music doesn't even dominate the city like it's stereotyped as. If you like live music, chicken sandwiches, drinking, breakfast, and greco-roman architecture, Nashville is the city for you. Matter of fact they just got a direct flight to London.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

[those mf emoji heads]

I've been to New York 3 times, I think I'm an expert in this. JK New York is great. Nashville may not be better tourism spot overall, but it's pretty accessible.

I stand by Chicago though sorry. Legit my favorite city. And everything in DC is free.

50 minutes ago, DAR said:

I can’t support this Chicago stance.

Um. The Loop is awesome, and unlike New York and LA, it's super easy to get from both airports to it. I flew into Midway and flew out of OHare. Was easy. Also Lake Michigan, the pizza actually lived up to the hype, great greek food, great American food (Small Cheval), museums, Navy Pier, the markets, the nightlife, amazing architecture and skyline, nice folks, great transit, the multi-story Target and CVS sell liquor, the distinct neighborhoods: Wrigleyville, Wicker Park, River North, Mag Mile, West Loop, etc. Chicago has a little bit of everything in one. 

And Chicago and DC are the only US metros with a Nandos. Also when I was in Chicago I got on the 6 oclock news. NY and LA never let me do that.

4 hours ago, Jandrew said:

IDK, maybe. New York is basically London's twin with skyscrapers. Can't think of anything in the UK close to Nashville. Country music doesn't even dominate the city like it's stereotyped as. If you like live music, chicken sandwiches, drinking, breakfast, and greco-roman architecture, Nashville is the city for you. Matter of fact they just got a direct flight to London.

NY is a great city. But London is better. 

7 hours ago, Jandrew said:

And Chicago and DC are the only US metros with a Nandos. Also when I was in Chicago I got on the 6 oclock news. NY and LA never let me do that.

Wow no respect for the Inner Harbor. For shame.