Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Netflix released Champions internationally last week and NBC hasn't made a decision on a second season yet, I wonder if the international streaming numbers will decide the fate of the show. Too bad Great News wasn't given the same treatment. Both emulate the humor style of two of my favorite shows (The Mindy Project and 30 Rock, respectively) and became really funny after a bumpy start. I'm disgusted that those types of smart comedies are fading away in favor of manipulative cute family not-funny comedies like The Goldbergs and Young Sheldon.

You know nothing about TV if you think the subtly brilliant Young Sheldon (on CBS) or the funny The Goldbergs (on ABC) have anything to do with the madlibs comedy that is Great News (on NBC). But sure as always show your fandom by shitting on other properties other people enjoy. 

34 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I watched Martyrs.

It's kind of horribly violent and disturbing in every way.  but hey it's a good movie!

Needed a palette cleanser so I put on Hurricane Heist.  10 minutes in and it’s already a contender for film of the year

5 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

You know nothing about TV if you think the subtly brilliant Young Sheldon (on CBS) or the funny The Goldbergs (on ABC) have anything to do with the madlibs comedy that is Great News (on NBC). But sure as always show your fandom by shitting on other properties other people enjoy. 

I just don't find them funny, that's all. I don't pretend to be more than just a viewer.

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Needed a palette cleanser so I put on Hurricane Heist.  10 minutes in and it’s already a contender for film of the year

How did you find it?

Weaponised hubcaps! And that shopping centre escape...LOL.

37 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

woah I only got 40 minutes in then paused it because I was tired, you’re getting real far ahead of yourself

Get on it and finish it off. Wont regret it. GOAT

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

the first half is so boring i thought i was gonna straight up hate it. more like ocean's hate! and sandra bullock whispers through a lot of it for some reason??????

That a way to get the same unrealistic ultra stylized cool energy/cool factor of the lead's of that group like the Clooney/Pitt version had, I thought her voice performance worked really well here.

We also had some everyone can easily talk to everyone else in other room/building almost magically going on, like the big Superheroes movies do, make it easy to schedule an assemble cast I imagine.

Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of.

So begins one of the greatest, if not the greatest, fantasy action adventures of all time... Crom laughs at your pathetic Lord of the Rings movies.

• Haha 1

Just re-watched Toy Story 3. Shot up to top 5 Pixar for me, maybe top 3 behind Incredibles/Nemo I'm not really sure.

And I was always on the ''let them do TS4, it's fine because all the movies had perfect endings yet they made an incredible sequel''. But nah, screw TS4 that movie ended PERFECTLY.

Also I cried.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Btw, Mother Russia is dominating atm.

I've never been a football guy and am not really following the WC but cool. Is Egypt usually a strong team, though? From what I understand Saudi Arabia definitely isn't.