Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

So, who isn't watching the premiere of Sharp Objects tonight? It's currently sitting at 77 on Metacritic and of course Amazing Amy is getting tons of praise. Excited to see for her potential TV and film award domination this year.

My friends and I watched Evil Dead 2013 last night, and one of them just absolutely HATED it. This is the guy with the shitty movie opinions anyway, and like yea, I can understand why you wouldn't like a mediocre horror movie, but his reasoning was sooooo stupid. 

After it, he just started ranting about how they didn't give enough time to the characterization of the main girl, and her relationship with her brother and mother. That they should have had about 20 minutes before the movie just setting them up, with maybe some flashbacks throughout it. And that her drug addiction wasn't ''handled carefully enough'' and that ''Wolf of Wall Street was a much better movie about drugs''

Like, who the FUCK compares Evil Dead to Wolf of Wall Street

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My friends and I watched Evil Dead 2013 last night, and one of them just absolutely HATED it. This is the guy with the shitty movie opinions anyway, and like yea, I can understand why you wouldn't like a mediocre horror movie, but his reasoning was sooooo stupid. 

After it, he just started ranting about how they didn't give enough time to the characterization of the main girl, and her relationship with her brother and mother. That they should have had about 20 minutes before the movie just setting them up, with maybe some flashbacks throughout it. And that her drug addiction wasn't ''handled carefully enough'' and that ''Wolf of Wall Street was a much better movie about drugs''

Like, who the FUCK compares Evil Dead to Wolf of Wall Street

That's... so... random? I guess I get the line of thinking, but the association game that had to be played to get there is odd.

I enjoyed the hell out of the Evil Dead remake, as did the initially skeptical fangirl I went with. I'm still kinda flabbergasted that the theatrical cut got away with an R; like, based on what made it into that "edited" version, I don't even want to know what had to be cut to bring it down from the NC-17 threshold.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ACSlater said:

At the airport and this super hot blonde has knockers out of this world. It's mezmerizing. 

Trying to give her my patented cute dimpled smile but it's not working. 

2 hours ago, ACSlater said:

By the way these airport lounges have turned so cheapo. They only have crap snacks out.

Wtf am I supposed to with celery and carrots? 

Your struggle is real

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

So, who isn't watching the premiere of Sharp Objects tonight? It's currently sitting at 77 on Metacritic and of course Amazing Amy is getting tons of praise. Excited to see for her potential TV and film award domination this year.

I will probably only be able to watch it on Wednesday but yeah, I will see it.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

gonna be too busy trying to fit in Uncle Drew, Eat Drink Man Woman, and rewatching La La Land with my friend who’s never seen it.

We all know you'll eventually watch it. The Power of Amy is irresistible.

Image result for it is magical gif

Bring It On is a lot of fun. Formula but done well, a couple of unavoidable eyeroll-inducing moments but then that's much less than you'd expect and by the end everything gets absorbed into the energetic good vibes. Admire that it goes where it does in end and sticks with it. Plus Dunst and Eliza Dushku both shine here. Peyton Reed seriously needs to direct a full-scale musical or three at some point, based on this and Down with Love.