Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Except even the corners that these changes were made to appease are blasting them, so no, they didn't get the positive headlines they thought these changes were gonna give them.

But if a Marvel&Dc movie get nominated and go head to head one year, I think we could bet they will give the event a lot of free coverage. They will not resist creating content for that and talking about it.

I was not following at the time so I do not know how angry people were at best animated category that Monster inc + Shrek the same year not getting Oscar attention brought, but now you rarely hear people complaining about that one.

Edited by Barnack

hey so uhhhh did we talk about this http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-doj-paramount-decrees-20180802-story.html

In a surprise move that could have major implications for Hollywood, the U.S. Department of Justice is scrutinizing antitrust rules that for decades have governed the way movie studios do business with theaters.

The Justice Department on Thursday said it has opened a review of the so-called Paramount consent decrees, which have regulated the ways studios distribute films to theaters for the last 70 years.

The decrees, a series of settlements entered between 1948 and 1952, fundamentally altered the way the movie industry worked by forcing studios to end their ownership of theater chains, thereby breaking up Hollywood’s monopoly on production, distribution and exhibition.

Those settlements followed a landmark Supreme Court case in which the justices found the studios had illegally conspired to fix prices and monopolize the distribution and theatrical markets.

The decrees banned multiple studio practices that were found to be anti-competitive. Those included “block booking,” in which studios leveraged their most popular movies to boost the box-office receipts for their worst films, and the setting of minimum prices for movie tickets.

The review, the department said, is part of a broader deregulation initiative to kill old antitrust judgments it says are outdated.

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Except even the corners that these changes were made to appease are blasting them, so no, they didn't get the positive headlines they thought these changes were gonna give them.

The reception to the changes is immaterial.

The fact tgey have to make them shows how far they have fallen.

I watched O Brother, Where Art Thou? again and it is still good.

My mum revealed that she is, in her words, "not a big fan of the Coens" so I have disowned her and she is no longer allowed at the Woolworths.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • ...wtf 1

Hey guys, I was wondering how many of you here have iOS devices? You see, I've spent the last 3 months making my very first iOS game and I'd love for all my friends at BOT to try it out :) 

I don't want to force it upon anybody, it's just a friendly request for anybody interested, as I've spent a lot of effort on it (sadly meaning I've been less active here).

Here's the link if anybody is interested: Orb Absorb 

Thank you! I hope some of you guys could help out a fellow BOT'er (for 2 years now!)

- Stewart

P.S. @IronJimbo This is why I've been busy and inactive the past 2+ months...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Hey guys, I was wondering how many of you here have iOS devices? You see, I've spent the last 3 months making my very first iOS game and I'd love for all my friends at BOT to try it out :) 

I don't want to force it upon anybody, it's just a friendly request for anybody interested, as I've spent a lot of effort on it (sadly meaning I've been less active here).

Here's the link if anybody is interested: Orb Absorb 

Thank you! I hope some of you guys could help out a fellow BOT'er (for 2 years now!)

- Stewart

P.S. @IronJimbo This is why I've been busy and inactive the past 2+ months...

would give it a download but I don't have any apple devices!

@4815162342   Need some advice.   Yesterday I'm coming home.  Going through an intersection with light green, a car runs a red light and we collide.   I did see the other car and made an attempt to stop.  No injuries between the two parties.   My front license plate was knocked off and the car had some minor scratches no dents.   The other car had a minor dent in the passenger side door but nothing major.  We did exchange numbers and insurance info.   The only witness we had was some skateboarder who basically said whoa you guys okay.   Neither of us felt that calling the police was necessary.   I did call the police later and was told since there were no injuries we did the right thing.

I did contact my insurance and let them know the situation.   My question(finally) is because we really didn't have witnesses or the police weren't called is it going to be her word against mine?  Since she could come back and say well he hit me.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

With her 160 million dollar net worth I don't know how she can manage to keep the kids in clothes much less private jets.

I despise people who use their children as weapons in divorces

1 hour ago, AndyLL said:

With her 160 million dollar net worth I don't know how she can manage to keep the kids in clothes much less private jets.

I despise people who use their children as weapons in divorces

Former NBA player Latrell Sprewell once wondered how he was going to feed his kids on a meager 15 million dollar salary.   The struggle is real

• Like 1

Not sure I get the comments here, did Jolie lawyer saying her kids are in trouble because of those alleged lack of payment ?

Are you suggesting a rich person should not ask an alimony for the kids from their rich ex partner or what ?