Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Young Sheldon's probably gonna last for about 7 more season tho...

Me and @Water Bottle were just discussing this. Young Sheldon gets a lot of undeserved hate, mostly from people who probably haven't even watched the show. Its a lot more "Wonder Years" than it is "Let's do the prequel thing and explain everything about where this character's habits come from" although they do the second piece as well, it is a pretty good show about family. I would definitely recommend you give the first season a shot. I was similarly skeptical when I started watching it but it found its footing 3-4 episodes in.

BBT did last a bit too long, nothing of note has actually happened in the past 4 seasons or so.

Saw Alpha and Crazy Rich Asians. Alpha is a visual treat (great 3D btw), and even though the story is a bit barebones, I was invested in the journey. Crazy Rich Asians is a very good romcom and also a great tourism ad for Singapore. The cast has great chemistry, and the humor works very well. There's a subplot that probably could've been cut, but given this is a trilogy, maybe it'll be important. Here's to 200M DOM?

57 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

The nightmare is almost over.

I'll give credit where it's due.  The three top billed stars have ensured they're set financially.   Because not sure how much we'll hear from them after.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

btw @IronJimbo I got the Alita trailer in 3D and have to say that Rodriguez is severely slacking on the 3D. I'm sure it's unfinished bc several shots had no effects, but most of the 3D wasn't really impressive!

Jim very much still is on the 3D bandwagon and plans on revolutionising it in the Avatar sequels.

I really doubt that the 3D on Alita will be average so it's probably unfinished.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

TBBT has been very consistent quality-wise in my opinion. I think many people overestimate its earlier years. 

I think Sheldon’s character and the concept just has a novelty to it that runs dry after you’ve seen enough