Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

While im writing on a novel that has many medieval themes, i listened to this song:

Turns out, this damn song is almost 800 years old (written in the early 13th century by Walther von der Vogelweide). One of the oldest songs where the lyrics and melody are known to this day. And as a German, i still understand most of the text :ohmygod:

I dunno, thats really fascinating to me. And its a really good song too.

Was checking out Mad Max: Fury Road’s wiki page and under the summary part for the budget it reads: 

$154.6million for main shooting claimed by Kennedy Miller Mitchell.181.5million claimed by Warner Brothers.Plus 31million pickups plus $10million from the NSW govt plus money’s put in by KMM plus write offs. So cost $226 million plus

So which one of you did this? @Barnack was it you? 

Edited by Nova

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

Was checking out Mad Max: Fury Road’s wiki page and under the summary part for the budget it reads: 

$154.6million for main shooting claimed by Kennedy Miller Mitchell.181.5million claimed by Warner Brothers.Plus 31million pickups plus $10million from the NSW govt plus money’s put in by KMM plus write offs. So cost $226 million plus

Most likely updated because of the lawsuit.

2 hours ago, Nova said:

I do not understand was is written and how can possibly someone put write offs has a cost....... or think that the money put in by KMM was not going toward the movie budget and not already in those numbers....

The studio in a trial is saying the movie did cost 185.1m (thats the 154m + 31m extra cost that one claim should not be put in the budget the other say it should, no need to re-add them)

The production company has claimed Fury Road cost $US154.6 million; the studio claimed it blew out to $US185.1 million.

Those number being net cost.

We see where the 150m rumors came from (still on mojo), we see where the rumors of going over 200m also come from, if it ended up 185m net it probably went quite comfortably over 210m gross