Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

can't believe Crimes of Grindelwald got snubbed for it's great LGBT representation. it has that one shot of jude law looking longingly in a magic mirror after all.

Magic Mirror? Excuse me?

That's the mirror of

E R I S E D

D E S I R E

Talking to a friend back in town:

Them: "I'm actually hanging out with your sister right now!"

Me: "oh shit say hi!"

"it's funny we were just talking about you"

"really?"

"Yea, she told me about that girl that tried asking you to spiderverse but you completely blew off. She said she told you to ask her to go see Isn't It Romantic when it comes out because she likes movies and how you just answered "but I wanna go see Alita Battle Angel"

Pretty much sums me up I guess. Cameron > a date

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Talking to a friend back in town:

Them: "I'm actually hanging out with your sister right now!"

Me: "oh shit say hi!"

"it's funny we were just talking about you"

"really?"

"Yea, she told me about that girl that tried asking you to spiderverse but you completely blew off. She said she told you to ask her to go see Isn't It Romantic when it comes out because she likes movies and how you just answered "but I wanna go see Alita Battle Angel"

Pretty much sums me up I guess. Cameron > a date

You ended up seeing They Shall Not Grow Old instead?

Dude. If you are interested in her take her on a date.

17 minutes ago, Avatree said:

You ended up seeing They Shall Not Grow Old instead?

Dude. If you are interested in her take her on a date.

no I did see spiderverse, TSNGO, and Boy Erased this past weekend. Was a pretty productive weekend for me movie-watching wise. I guess I could ask if she wants to come to the movies with me next time I go, but I don't know how appealing "hey, wanna do a double feature of Widows (and then take a 40 minute bus to a different theatre) and LEGO?" sounds.

Edited by DAJK

Just now, DAJK said:

no I did see spiderverse, TSNGO, and Boy Erased this past weekend. Was a pretty productive weekend for me movie-watching wise. I guess I could ask if she wants to come to the movies with me next time I go, but I don't know how appealing "hey, wanna do a double feature of Widows (and then take a 40 minute bus to a different theatre) and LEGO?"

Or maybe you could separate your romance and your moviegoing. Do you like her? She clearly seems to like you.

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Or maybe you could separate your romance and your moviegoing. Do you like her? She clearly seems to like you.

like... kinda. It's funny, I know I've always got problems with intimacy with people, and I just took this personality test for a psych assignment and got this result. 

Now, I obviously don't but a whole lot of faith in these tests in determining who I am but it just seemed kinda ironic to show up at this time:

"Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations."

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

like... kinda. It's funny, I know I've always got problems with intimacy with people, and I just took this personality test for a psych assignment and got this result. 

Now, I obviously don't but a whole lot of faith in these tests in determining who I am but it just seemed kinda ironic to show up at this time:

"Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations."

Yeah, it's harder for some people than others. I cant say I know what to suggest. But getting over the nerves is well worth it if you can. Confidence Is King.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I married an INTJ...thing is, he was much more interested in me than I was in him in the beginning...maybe that's the issue here:)...

He dated a lot and moved from girl to girl...and then met me and stopped cold...and it's been a ton of years since:)...

That "select few" thing might have something to it:)...

• Like 1

Searching (which i watched because of the boffy nominations #BoffyBump) is pretty good. honestly i was about ready to say it was some movie of the year shit but the last twenty minutes are seriously deflating. bummer. had me for a while though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

Searching (which i watched because of the boffy nominations #BoffyBump) is pretty good. honestly i was about ready to say it was some movie of the year shit but the last twenty minutes are seriously deflating. bummer. had me for a while though.

There were so many things plot wise about the film that felt stupid that I was glad when the idiotic twist came along and at least the earlier stuff made sense then.

The one thing it does achieve is use a gimmick well enough that it doesn't feel like a gimmick

Edited by Avatree