Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She's been in a lot, although I'm guessing her most famous role is Velma in those live-action Scooby-Doo movies from the early 2000s. Her most memorable performance might have been in Legally Blonde tbh. "I didn't mean to shoot him! I thought it was YOU who walked in through the door!" :rofl:

She's obviously most famous for playing the wife of a certain individual in a certain series of popular films.

velvet buzzsaw is pretty flat visually. maybe it's a netflix issue because Gilroy/Elswitt have done so well together before and you'd think it'd be a visually stimulating premise but meh. anyway it's not a masterpiece like Nightcrawler or Roman J. but it's fun.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good news: all four of last year's acting winners will be back to present at the Oscars.

Bad news: apparently they'll be presenting other categories and not the acting ones (because they're "not famous enough"). Lame shit.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/all-four-last-years-oscar-winning-actors-serve-as-presenters-1182431

BTW with this you know the acting presenters will all be from people who have Disney films out this year. Like they're gonna get Brie Larson to present Best Actor just because Captain Marvel is around the corner. Gotta wonder if she'll refrain from clapping for Rami Malek winning the award for a Bryan Singer movie like she famously did when she had to give Casey Affleck his two years ago.

Edited by filmlover

13 hours ago, MrPink said:

Uh, Linda Cardellini is greeeat in the Daddy's Home films. 

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

She was also great as the disgruntled artist in A Simple Favor don't forget.

The lesson here:  Linda Cardellini is great.(She is)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Can You Ever Forgive Me is pretty good. Would be an all-timer if it were just a misanthropic middle-aged Withnail & I with 100 minutes of McCarthy and Grant drinking and sniping at people though. The true crime stuff works on a character level but still feels like basically an obligation. It's too bad Ali has stolen Grant's seeming initial momentum in the supporting actor race, a delightful performance and it would've been very nice to see him win. Thinking about it McCarthy is my favorite in her category too.

Preach it

33 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I didn't want to go into details for Mad Men virgins who are closing in on S6 🤔

I'm about to see Linda Cardellini in GREEN BOOK

Edited by WrathOfHan

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

BTW with this you know the acting presenters will all be from people who have Disney films out this year. Like they're gonna get Brie Larson to present Best Actor just because Captain Marvel is around the corner. Gotta wonder if she'll refrain from clapping for Rami Malek winning the award for a Bryan Singer movie like she famously did when she had to give Casey Affleck his two years ago.

But did Malek really do anything wrong?

39 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i couldn't remember what season she was in. is it blasphemous to say all of Don's mistresses just sort of blend together?

Faye and Rachel were the good mistresses.

Ms. Jim Gordon and Rectify girl were the not as good ones.