Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

40 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I saw this in a comment on The Verge.

Paraphrasing Lucius Fox in ‘The Dark Knight’:
"We’re talking about the richest man in the world, who owns the Washington Post and his own rocket company, and your plan is to blackmail this person? Good luck."

https://deadline.com/2019/02/pilot-season-2019-actors-hot-list-carrie-coon-malin-akerman-lizzy-caplan-santiago-cabrera-morena-baccarin-1202548513/

Also fielding multiple offers are Morena Baccarin, who is wrapping the final season of Gotham, The Walking Dead and Colonyalumna Sarah Wayne Callies, former Lost star Matthew Fox, veteran Jimmy Smits, The Good Wife’s Josh Charles andDaredevil/The Punisher‘s Deborah Ann Woll.

mfw we're about to get a matthew fox comeback

Matthew-Fox-flexes-his-acting-muscle-in-

I assuming this Woody Allen movie that he's suing over is the one with Timothee Chalamet. It does seem silly that Amazon has apparently completely shelved the movie when they could've just released it with no fanfare like a lot of movies end up doing. Probably could've put it out last summer as a double header with that Summer Nights flop that he made well before either Call Me by Your Name or Lady Bird and got it over with.

so I learned last night that Vatican City is right next to Rome inside of Italy.  

everytime I see a word I don't understand, I look it up and forget about it.  everytime I google something to achieve uber-smart levels, I forget about it.

when I smoke marijuana, my reading is piss poor, and whether i'm stoned or not, I can't remember movies from the beginning up like critics

the next word I just looked at is regression - returning to a former developed state.

does this mean I am screwed for a College Degree or Masters Degree and that my brain is a miserable mess

mastering the architecture of math and physics in nature is a fair human drive, but with such limitations is anything possible?

does stalking someone or trying to drill lessons into someone mean that you are self-absorbed?? 

do they lack compassion from resistance?

maybe a society is too chaotic, our emotions are too imbalanced, and compassion is for the individual.

Edited by romancechemicalsWW12

We’ve just had a massive lightning storm and it’s caused strange power fluctuations. There’s downlights on the same circuit that are randomly turning off and on. 

It’s like Stranger Things. 

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, romancechemicalsWW12 said:

so I learned last night that Vatican City is right next to Rome inside of Italy. 

You got that one wrong. The 'country' Vatican city is within the borders of Rome, the capital of Italy

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=vatican&t=ffsb&ia=web&iax=about&iaxm=about

Although the city of Rome was occupied by Germany from 1943 and the Allies from 1944, Vatican City itself was not occupied.

Prisoners of war

After the Italian surrender, Allied prisoners guarded by Italians were released, and many headed for Vatican City.[44] The Vatican feared such an event would compromise its neutrality and gave strict instructions to the Swiss Guard to prevent any such person from entering the city state; a system of identity cards was instituted to prevent non-Vatican personnel from entering St. Peter's.[45] Some Vatican officials, however, did act independently to assist such persons; the most famous example is Hugh O'Flaherty, whose exploits were made famous in the film The Scarlet and the Black.[

That's a film that shows very good the border situation (a drawn on the ground fat line,.. - then!)

As

The Scarlet and the Black is a 1983 American made-for-television historical war drama film directed by Jerry London and starring Gregory Peck and Christopher Plummer.

Based on J. P. Gallagher's book The Scarlet Pimpernel of the Vatican (published in 1967), the film tells the story of Monsignor Hugh O'Flaherty, a real-life Irish Roman Catholic priest who saved thousands of Jews and escaped Allied POWs in Rome.[1] It was directed by Jerry London. CBS distributed more than 500,000 scripts of The Scarlet and the Black to students in elementary and high schools throughout the country, to be read aloud in class to stimulate student interest in English and history.[1]

The title The Scarlet and the Black is a reference not only to the black cassock and scarlet sash worn by Monsignores and bishops in the Roman Catholic Church, but also to the dominant colors of Nazi Party regalia.

this happened, the movie or the story might be in the awareness of some US citizens at least?

If you watch it, maybe you wont forget thus details like you described about your search engine use?

Not the only (very) small 'country' within Italy btw (see ~ microstate San Marino)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Marino

Historical maybe interesting for

Marinus then went on to found an independent monastic community on Monte Titano in AD 301; thus, San Marino lays claim to be the oldest extant sovereign state as well as the oldest constitutional republic.

Edited by terrestrial

22 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

We’ve just had a massive lightning storm and it’s caused strange power fluctuations. There’s downlights on the same circuit that are randomly turning off and on. 

It’s like Stranger Things. 

Maybe someone will use that for a movie? Like life as idea giver....

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

High Flying Bird RUUUUUUULLLLEEEEEEZZZZZ

A few points.  

1.Most importantly the TV still works after all the weird power fluctuations. 

2.What the hell are you talking about?

3.Opens Netflix. 

4.Oh, I see now. 

• Like 1