Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

There's a bunch of shows I need to watch still. Killing Eve, Bodyguard, Umbrella Academy, and Russian Doll are all at the top of the list. Waiting to see if Doom Patrol gets renewed before I even dive in.

On the miniseries side I'm watching Fosse/Verdon and Chernobyl. The former's pretty good (and worth watching just for the performances alone) and the latter is chilling stuff.

1 minute ago, DAR said:

So both Robert Downey Jr and Jon Faverau were announced as Disney Legends this morning.   That's probably a thank you for making us a shit ton of money award

Pretty cool list of people inducted this year, which also includes Bette Midler, James Earl Jones, Ming-Na Wen (the voice of Mulan), Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts, Kenny Ortega (director of Newsies, Hocus Pocus, the High School Musical movies, and the Descendants movies on the Disney Channel), and Hans Zimmer. Only person who I'm sure will be named a Disney Legend next time in two years is Emma Thompson, since she will have made four movies (Brave, Saving Mr. Banks, Beauty and the Beast, and next year's Cruella) with them in less than a decade.

Guys, what do you think of this? Some girl I know online says she might drive 800 miles to see me, and the city where I live. It was somewhat of an unsolicited offer. Of course, I enthusiastically accepted. You might think catfish, but we've been talking for a few months now, and this isn't even on a dating site. And she's not asking for any money from me either. I approached her first. What do you make of this?

Edited by cannastop

i'm waiting for barry and killing eve to finish their seasons so i can binge them. that's how i play it with every show these days. game of thrones is the exception because spoilers are hard to avoid on the timeline.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i'm waiting for barry and killing eve to finish their seasons so i can binge them. that's how i play it with every show these days. game of thrones is the exception because spoilers are hard to avoid on the timeline.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

48 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty cool list of people inducted this year, which also includes Bette Midler, James Earl Jones, Ming-Na Wen (the voice of Mulan), Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts, Kenny Ortega (director of Newsies, Hocus Pocus, the High School Musical movies, and the Descendants movies on the Disney Channel), and Hans Zimmer. Only person who I'm sure will be named a Disney Legend next time in two years is Emma Thompson, since she will have made four movies (Brave, Saving Mr. Banks, Beauty and the Beast, and next year's Cruella) with them in less than a decade.

Ming-Na Wen is a disney legend now? proof someone at the top is an Agents of SHIELD fanboy @4815162342 

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Ming-Na Wen is a disney legend now? proof someone at the top is an Agents of SHIELD fanboy @4815162342 

I mean isn't the only reason the show is still on despite nobody watching it is because Disney has been twisting ABC's arm into keeping it on?

1 hour ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Newest show I actually finished was Umbrella Academy which was good.

Oldest show I'm watching is Twin Peaks. On season 2 and is starting to drag (also the main mystery seems to be solved). Hilariously awful Canadian accents for some of the villains though.

Twin Peaks is about to get pretty rough for a bunch of episodes but don't let that get you down, when Lynch comes back it starts to get good again and the finale is incredible.

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

All this drama surrounding Game of Thrones makes me wonder how that prequel series is gonna be perceived whenever it airs next year (filming on it has already begun).

Dunno what to expect. It's coming from Matthew Vaughn's long-time collaborator. The closest thing she's done that involves this sort of thing is Stardust.