Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 hours ago, cannastop said:

@75Live @JB33 @Lordmandeep

George Carlin woke AF.

I think you forget the first thing he said

"I defend to the death the right for him to say what he said"

We can call out comedians for bad jokes but trying to shut every comedian down for a joke you dont like is stupid and usually backfires and makes the said comedian way more popular. 

Like Dave Chappelle is a good example, call him out for bad jokes about Trans people, but when people read Vice saying we need to cancel Chappelle, progressives just make themselves sound stupid.

Like you have to admit how the woke culture crowd reacted to the latest Chappelle sketch was like tens of millions of dollars of free publicity for him and now has made that comedy sketch one of the most impact and important comedy specials in the past few years.

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think you forget the first thing he said

"I defend to the death the right for him to say what he said"

We can call out comedians for bad jokes but trying to shut every comedian down for a joke you dont like is stupid and usually backfires and makes the said comedian way more popular. 

Like Dave Chappelle is a good example, call him out for bad jokes about Trans people, but when people read Vice saying we need to cancel Chappelle, progressives just make themselves sound stupid.

All cancel means is to criticize.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Cancel culture goes against what George Carlin was all about though...

Like I think you can tell that there is a general shift against cancel culture in society now. 

I dunno. If anyone but Carlin said what he said, couldn't you say that he's just piling on with the crybullies who want to silence Andrew Dice Clay?

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I dunno. If anyone but Carlin said what he said, couldn't you say that he's just piling on with the crybullies who want to silence Andrew Dice Clay?

unlike most woke activists online, Carlin actually has cred with general society thats why 😅

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@Lordmandeep

Just like SJWs supposedly make Dave Chappelle more popular, don't you think people like you empower SJWs?

no because most people including myself care about social justice that want to have a more 'just society' and focus on actual shit then going down the twitter rabbit hole bitching about dave chappele making jokes.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well no shit he had social cred, he was white and male.

Well what about Dave Chappelle today? Why does he have so much social cred...

13 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Bless De Niro, lmao.

Trump feeds on  insults.

It is someting most lefists don't understand or don't know what to make of.

He is in the White House because of De Niro s and others insults.

Continue to insult him 24/7 and reap the benefits.

This game plan has worked so pefectly so far.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1