Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Foot update:  saw the doctor again today and said goodbye to my pretty purple cast.  I have graduated to a boot but still non weight bearing.  I see her again in two weeks, the day before we leave for our cruise to Bermuda and our nyc trip.  I fear I will be wearing a boot while on vacation, but hopefully in two weeks I can walk.

i am also starting physical therapy tomorrow.  Hopefully moving it will reduce the swelling.  The bottom of my foot is now about 3/4 of inch bigger than normal due to swelling.  Top of my foot is very swollen still.  I did not expect that 6 weeks post op.   For pictures of my foot go to chat.

• Like 5

Disbelief of sexual abuse and disgust for transgender people are mainstream enough that Chappelle could take on a second career as a Republican speechwriter. 

:ohmygod:

https://newrepublic.com/article/155141/cancel-culture-con-dave-chappelle-shane-gillis

The “Cancel Culture” Con

Dave Chappelle, Shane Gillis, and other alleged victims would rather scold their critics than come up with fresh material.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

:ohmygod:

https://newrepublic.com/article/155141/cancel-culture-con-dave-chappelle-shane-gillis

The “Cancel Culture” Con

Dave Chappelle, Shane Gillis, and other alleged victims would rather scold their critics than come up with fresh material.

I think the overwhelming response to Dave Chappelle latest special shows to me the 'twitter woke mob' are the one really out of touch with society then Dave Chappelle. 

Yes Dave Chappelle bit on MJ accusers was a bit much even for me who is rather open minded, but i just move on with my life...

Like  I wonder how George Carlin would have fared in 2019 lol

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the fact that Dave Chapelle special can get so much attention even though he is quite a 'old comic now' I think speaks to the fact a lot of people really like that unfiltered comedy.

If you think about a lot of these 'woke' comedians make peanuts compared to the comedians of the past. 

Yeah it's popular but you know. It's polarized.

19 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah it's popular but you know. It's polarized.

Source about it is polarized ? I have yet to encounter anyone that didn't find it lazy by moment but that lazy Chapelle is still quite good:

Rt

AUDIENCE SCORE 99%

• Average Rating:  4.91

IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10810424/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Rating

Votes

45.2%

22.9%

16.4%

8.2%

3.1%

1.3%

0.5%

0.4%

0.4%

1.6%

31 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the overwhelming response to Dave Chappelle latest special shows to me the 'twitter woke mob' are the one really out of touch with society then Dave Chappelle. 

Yes Dave Chappelle bit on MJ accusers was a bit much even for me who is rather open minded, but i just move on with my life...

Like  I wonder how George Carlin would have fared in 2019 lol

Haha! Oh my God, he would have been absolutely roasted. I'm glad Carlin's greatness existed during another time and not now when it would have been smothered and shamed.

• Like 2

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Twitter mob is not general culture 

Well I mean. There are real people behind those check marks. Many of them work in media and such.

But you nor anyone else can sit here and tell me that 99% of rottentomatoes voters giving Chapelle a "fresh" rating means 99% of all people don't think critically about bigotry and other bad behavior.

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Haha! Oh my God, he would have been absolutely roasted. I'm glad Carlin's greatness existed during another time and not now when it would have been smothered and shamed.

Carlin predicted all 'cancel culture' stuff back in the 90s.

There is a reason why he is so well respected by Comedians. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Hey if he was roasted by a good comedian all the better right?

Carlin was pretty woke for his day.

15 minutes ago, cannastop said:

sigh

I was talking about the general culture. And what about self-selection bias in those vote totals?

Yup that what I am also talking about, it is really polarized into the general culture ?

Absolutely people that watch a Chapelle type comic stand up is a self selecting process and twitters is almost all from the same heavy users that are 2% of american adults quite over representing richer/more educated people, when it come to political talk it is only a small fraction of that 2%. I am not sure how divided those situation actually are (here for example 94% of the people had no issue with Trudeau Black and brown face incident according to actual polling of people with 0 change in voting attention, that is not necessarily what one would have thought reading some media about it)

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

But you nor anyone else can sit here and tell me that 99% of rottentomatoes voters giving Chapelle a "fresh" rating means 99% of all people don't think critically about bigotry and other bad behavior.

Not sure of the 2 point you make here, Chapelle is someone that think a lot and critically of bigotery, yes I would agree that something that is quite mainstream to do.

Edited by Barnack
    • Like 2