Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

@CJohn Unsurprisingly, the Globes turned a massive audience. Combined with the SIC Caras broadcast, it hit nearly 18% rating and 40% share.

Cristina's ridiculous dresses have become the ultra meme on Twitter and Instagram. She absolutely succeeded in manipulating the mentally frail Portuguese in making her the talk of the town as she totally wanted :hahaha:

And now SIC is promoting their new soap, Terra Brava, which is basically Ouro Verde meets Espírito Indomável. It's gonna be another runaway mega hit. All the while TVI will have some game shows with Pedro Fernandes and Pedro Teixeira that, even if good (which they might be), are guaranteed flops. RAP is the only competitive thing atm.

• Haha 1

Oh yes, I know about the thrills and the agony of MLB playoffs, having been invested in so many of the Mariners' past series.

Oh wait...

Seriously though, I feel for all the Brewers fans out there. A two-out, bases-loaded hit with a booted ball is a brutal way to lose.

• Like 1

My men's rugby league team were terrible this year and finished 2nd last.

Oh, well.  At least the women's team have made the Grand Final on Sunday.

(Apologise if this video is geo-locked)

*looks up at replay of postgame celebrations on MLBN while I'm doing nightly seat count*

What th...

Is that a...

That has to be Sean...

Sorry @Plain Old Tele.  Even if he wasn't going to play the Dodgers, I am forced to stan for the Nats here all the way to the end of the World Series*.

* Unless they face the 'stros of course. ;)

I'm sure you understand. 👍

(Sean Doolittle is a YUGE Star Wars nerd, for the record)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

*looks up at replay of postgame celebrations on MLBN while I'm doing nightly seat count*

What th...

Is that a...

That has to be Sean...

Sorry @Plain Old Tele.  Even if he wasn't going to play the Dodgers, I am forced to stan for the Nats here all the way to the end of the World Series*.

* Unless they face the 'stros of course. ;)

I'm sure you understand. 👍

(Sean Doolittle is a YUGE Star Wars nerd, for the record)

Sad we didn't get a sequel to this:

• Like 1

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/walt-disney-animation-studios-emphasizes-diversity-in-its-new-slate-of-directors-180341.html

@YourMother the Edgelord @Blankments @tribefan695

Walt Disney Animation Studios Emphasizes Diversity In Its New Slate Of Directors

Mexican filmmaker Carlos Lopez Estrada, 31, who directed a large slate of music videos and commercials before making his feature directorial debut with the live-action Blindspotting (2018).

Iranian-American filmmaker Suzi Yoonessi, 41, who has directed indie features (Dear Lemon Lima, Unlovable) and web series (Olive and Mocha), as well as the recent direct-to-video live-action film Daphne & Velma, based on the Scooby-Doo franchise.

Filipino-American Josie Trinidad, a Disney artist since 2004 who was head of story on Ralph Breaks the Internet and one of seven people credited with the story for Zootopia.

Marc Smith, the director of story on the upcoming Frozen 2 and story lead on Zootopia. He has worked at Disney Animation for 26 years and has contributed as an animator to films like Hercules, Tarzan, Fantasia 2000, and Treasure Planet.

I knew Josie Trinidad would be a director! 😎

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Don't have any team to root for in MLB playoffs. But in other news....

Yep! Opening night in the NHL tonight. Got a double header planned: Leafs/Senators and Oilers/Canucks.

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Like 2

I don't count these baseball games as playoffs.  They can call them wild card playoffs all they want, they are just 2 play in games like basically game 163 when teams used to tie in standing.

Regardless, I'm more happy to see hockey back even if baseball mattered right now :) 

18 hours ago, cannastop said:

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/walt-disney-animation-studios-emphasizes-diversity-in-its-new-slate-of-directors-180341.html

@YourMother the Edgelord @Blankments @tribefan695

Walt Disney Animation Studios Emphasizes Diversity In Its New Slate Of Directors

I knew Josie Trinidad would be a director! 😎

China to become the first economic power of the world.

Edited by The Futurist

I just watched the live stream from the other night of that new Epcot nighttime show that just replaced Illuminations after a 20 year run (and will be replaced by another night show in 2020). They sure are embracing the whole "we're making this park more recognizably Disney" angle huh.