Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 hours ago, Eric Addams said:

giphy.gif

ps @DAJK actually @ me when you talk about Timmy. Remember, I can ban you at any time.

Now that you're moderator we already know that there's gonna be a whole lot of coal delivered to plenty of Christmas (or do we officially call it Chalamas now?) stockings. Run for the hills, Star Wars stans.

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

Did anyone ever called ESPN a news organization ? Let alone reputable ? (what next calling deadline/variety type or video game coverage platform news organization ?)

It’s certainly a news organization when it comes to sports and sports-related activities. 

• Like 1

On my way to work today I just saw a Furry on a motorcycle with a dog in like the front basket.  Literally person in a black bear fursuit wearing a bright neon yellow/green reflector jacket.  Just driving down the street.  Living their life.  I was like...

pokemon what GIF

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

What is your definition of a news organization?

Webster:

Noun 1. news organisation - an agency to collects news reports for newspapers and distributes it electronically

Feel outdated, but a entertainment sport network do not feel like one, I feel like many work there without any journalist degree, membership and what come with it.

Specially the credible part, isn't it on the obvious soft belly side, that they are in tandem with the professional leagues to maximize both profits type of platform ?

Foot Update:  this is a short one, real update will come tomorrow.  Tried walking today.  No crutches, no boot.  Now trying to decide what meds to take for pain. It immediately swelled and is very painful.  Remember, we leave for vacation Friday.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Webster:

Noun 1. news organisation - an agency to collects news reports for newspapers and distributes it electronically

Feel outdated, but a entertainment sport network do not feel like one, I feel like many work there without any journalist degree, membership and what come with it.

Specially the credible part, isn't it on the obvious soft belly side, that they are in tandem with the professional leagues to maximize both profits type of platform ?

ESPN is without question a news organization when it comes to sports. You’re right that it’s also a sports broadcast network, and yes, there are conflicts of interest. Nonetheless, it’s still a news organization, and reputable at that.

• Like 2