Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Well, he has been with the company for over 45 years.  I guess this means the Fox integration is going well and the Disney+ roll out is on track.  He had originally extended his role as CEO due to the Fox acquisition.

I watched a couple of extended interviews with Iger a few weeks ago that he did as part of his book release and he's more involved in the creative side of the business then I had realised.  It looks like he will just stay focused on that for the rest of his time at Disney.

I just got done with his book the other day. It's a good read.

didn't want to say it because i thought i'd look like a knob if i was wrong but that nine guy that just got banned had already been banned before. jessie maybe? v. similar posting style. a pretty easy tell its a previous account is going "hey i remember when you guys were wrong about this thing from four years ago" when you're a week in.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Well, he has been with the company for over 45 years.  I guess this means the Fox integration is going well and the Disney+ roll out is on track.  He had originally extended his role as CEO due to the Fox acquisition.

I watched a couple of extended interviews with Iger a few weeks ago that he did as part of his book release and he's more involved in the creative side of the business then I had realised.  It looks like he will just stay focused on that for the rest of his time at Disney.

I think that is what he might enjoy dong the most. Quite a few CEO say they enjoyed being head of production a lot more then CEO because they were more hands on in the creative process. CEO is pretty much an administrive position. Pretty sure Iger creative involment was limited by the time he had to spend running the company as a whole.

2 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Sure, they’ll just aim for the expensive DTV sequel era. 

I mean, we already are given that Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent spawned sequels (that were met with diminished returns) and one for Aladdin on the way. The live-action remakes have essentially become their way of reviving interest in their biggest properties (except with much more established/exciting names involved).

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I mean, we already are given that Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent spawned sequels (that were met with diminished returns) and one for Aladdin on the way. The live-action remakes have essentially become their way of reviving interest in their biggest properties (except with much more established/exciting names involved).

Are you looking forward to ALICE 3 and PIRATES 6?

41 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Are you looking forward to ALICE 3 and PIRATES 6?

Disney has been out of the Depp business for a while (they're planning a Pirates of the Caribbean reboot apparently lol good luck to them). They recently gave the green-light to National Treasure 3 finally so it seems like a good bet that Mickey's now turning to bringing back his biggest 2000s hits. Who knows, maybe they'll finally get around to making that Enchanted sequel we've been hearing about on and off for the past decade.

I just love how serious, sanctimonious, aging cinephiles love to hate Disney with a passion.

As if other studios were doing anything different.

As if there was any orignilaity in the serious, adult movies they loved last year.

As if the movie business was driven by offer and not demand.

As if.

Seethe my friends.

Seethe.

😎

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Disney has been out of the Depp business for a while (they're planning a Pirates of the Caribbean reboot apparently lol good luck to them). They recently gave the green-light to National Treasure 3 finally so it seems like a good bet that Mickey's now turning to bringing back his biggest 2000s hits. Who knows, maybe they'll finally get around to making that Enchanted sequel we've been hearing about on and off for the past decade.

I’m sure we’ll get more of all of those.