Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 hours ago, Barnack said:

From each side I feel like it really depends what reconcile the past would mean, the second it will be Canada ceeding good territory (water access, cultivable land and so on) it will probably break up for many that wanting of reconciliation.

I imagine there is a number of billions of dollar in economy impact nonviolent action do that can end up being violent (considering how many people will die from those).

Action's are different than expressing views.

My point is that either you can protest and have unreasonable demands and no one's ever going to really agreed to and do nothing to actually help native people today.... or actually work with the federal government to actually improve the lives of native people today...

The biggest misconception we have is we think all indigenous people think the same in Canada

10 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

You should’ve watched it. Best All-Star game in a long time

Nah had better things to watch and I just caught the highlights and still glad I didn't see it.

Only good highlight was  the Embiid move near the end which being a Sixers fan was a plus :)

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

I see your point. Do you have examples of these models I could refer to, if possible ones that pertain directly to Canada and Canada's standards of living?

It change so much from place to place and case to case, Russia late 80s-early 90s was terrible on life expectancy and pretty much everyone before, but in the richest place the most recent one like 2007-2009 in the USA: https://voxeu.org/article/economic-crises-and-mortality

Had maybe a bit of a reverse effect (less activity, less risk, less consumption of not good for you goods, etc...), but in general stopping economic sector has dire consequence on a lot of family/business, we are way pass expressing opinions when someone do something like that (or block anything)

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

@DAJK

Someone I know in BC actually purchased the timbits cereal out of curiosity. I am waiting her report.

:hahaha:

I got the chocolate one last week cause the kids wanted to try it. It tastes like cocoa puffs if you’ve ever had those when you were younger.

Watched Wright's Anna Karenina today. I loved the theatrical gimmick of the movie but like with films like 1917, the stylistic gimmick of the film only takes away a lot from the soul of the story. And Wright doesn't completely stick to it (I get that it's meant to look less and less like a stage show as Anna gets disillusioned with the world but I wish the movie relied less on close-ups). Still, I found the theatrical gimmick to be really refershing to watch.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

I just saw the new improved Fanboy Wars thread has been locked because it degenerated into two bunches of people yelling at each other over politics.

Same thing they locked the orginal fanboys war thread over.

It is to make one laugh, really.

Problem is that now without any place to contain it , it will slop over into other threads.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Watched Wright's Anna Karenina today. I loved the theatrical gimmick of the movie but like with films like 1917, the stylistic gimmick of the film only takes away a lot from the soul of the story. And Wright doesn't completely stick to it (I get that it's meant to look less and less like a stage show as Anna gets disillusioned with the world but I wish the movie relied less on close-ups). Still, I found the theatrical gimmick to be really refershing to watch.

Yeah at least it wasn't another suffocatingly "faithful" lit adaptation. Also great turns from Law and Macfadyen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

He was probably writing a note to himself to bring up projects for Russell..who had just bene signed to a contract...at the next meeting.

Let's not create a mystery when really there is none.

Sad thing is lots of people here willnot get the Rosebud reference.

Edited by dudalb

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Problem is that now without any place to contain it , it will slop over into other threads.

Cool. That's why we're trying to stop it.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

He was probably writing a note to himself to bring up projects for Russell..who had just bene signed to a contract...at the next meeting.

Let's not create a mystery when really there is none.

Sad thing is lots of people here willnot get the Rosebud reference.

Citizen Kane's one of the most famous movies of all time. Even people who haven't seen it know what Rosebud's all about, have seen it parodied in cartoons and junk. Be quiet boomer.

• Haha 2