Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

45 minutes ago, filmlover said:

One probably doesn't need a crystal ball to know that there will be plenty of appeal attempts coming.

Oh of course, they are already working on one now I am aure

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

He's facing 5 at a minimum and 25 as a maximum. Although already being 67 years old and not appearing to be in the best of health, I wouldn't bet against the chance he dies in prison.

And he still has charges in LA to face;NY will almost certainly ship him to LA to stand trial.

9 minutes ago, JB33 said:

As usual, not too much happened on NHL trade deadline day. 

@75Live How are you liking your Flyers going into the home stretch of the season and the playoffs?

Well they made some moves so hopefully they pan out.  Nothing major so may not even see them this year 

As for the team, I'm very impressed with what they have been doing.  Not that long ago, they were out of the playoffs and now they are second in possibly the hardest divison.

I hope they can keep it up. I don't see a deep playoff run, assuming they make it.  But if they get to the second round, I'll consider it a success 

Edited by 75Live

When Zack Snyder was calling the shots at DC and pushed for a Wonder Woman film so early in their shared universe, in a time where everyone was scared to do a female superhero movie, I never saw any blog or film twitter account giving him praise for that. I'm glad those people care so much about female representation in the comic book movie genre now. 

EQ9zhjYWkAET4hq?format=jpg&name=120x120

33 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

When Zack Snyder was calling the shots at DC and pushed for a Wonder Woman film so early in their shared universe, in a time where everyone was scared to do a female superhero movie, I never saw any blog or film twitter account giving him praise for that. I'm glad those people care so much about female representation in the comic book movie genre now. 

EQ9zhjYWkAET4hq?format=jpg&name=120x120

Yeah, making a film about one of the most popular charecters in comics was such a gamble.

Disney stock falls 2.5% at news of Iger's stepping down.

His new post is pretty much an Honorary one; sort of a "wise old man giving advice but no power" kind.

I have a lot of issues with Disney from an artistic point of view but can't argue that Iger was a brilliant CEO from a business point of view.Every onw of his major acquistions and mergers have paid off for The Mouse.

16 minutes ago, cookie said:

Iger was going to retire next year but this is a bit unexpected.

I think he's getting the "weather the storm" spot...since the stock is getting battered the last 2 days, it won't get worse.

And with the closure of the Chinese parks and movie theaters around the world, cancellations of tons of Adventures By Disney trips, this quarter will probably be ugly for Disney...so let the old CEO who is liked out, put a new guy in who you can let be at the top and take the company through the ugly period, and then replace him with who you wanted once the rough patch passes...

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I think he's getting the "weather the storm" spot...since the stock is getting battered the last 2 days, it won't get worse.

And with the closure of the Chinese parks and movie theaters around the world, cancellations of tons of Adventures By Disney trips, this quarter will probably be ugly for Disney...so let the old CEO who is liked out, put a new guy in who you can let be at the top and take the company through the ugly period, and then replace him with who you wanted once the rough patch passes...

Iger was set to retire next year anyway, but I think he is tired and does not want to handle the rough times ahead for Disney, particualry since it looks as though the US Economy might be headed for a rough time due to the VIrus.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

lol this guy is the chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences & Products. Safe to say there's now definitely no chance of Martin Scorsese accepting a check with Mickey Mouse on it in the future.

What a shame. I really wanted Kundun 2

Well, he has been with the company for over 45 years.  I guess this means the Fox integration is going well and the Disney+ roll out is on track.  He had originally extended his role as CEO due to the Fox acquisition.

I watched a couple of extended interviews with Iger a few weeks ago that he did as part of his book release and he's more involved in the creative side of the business then I had realised.  It looks like he will just stay focused on that for the rest of his time at Disney.