Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-babu-frik-nearly-died-steven-spielberg-saved-him/

As it turns out, it wasn’t just Star Wars fans who fell for Babu Frik – he also reportedly has a major fan in one of the greatest filmmakers of all time. Not only that, but said director could even be partially responsible for Babu’s greatest moment – that final ‘Heyhey!’ in the final reel, when he pops up in Zorii Bliss’s ship during the battle of Kijimi. “It could be a rumour, but I believe J.J. screened the movie for Steven Spielberg, and at the end Spielberg said, ‘What happened to Babu?’,” Scanlan told Empire. “Everybody thought, ‘Oh God, what did happen to Babu?’”

Lol, I don't know what's funnier. The fact that Babu didn't die because of Spielberg or that Spielberg's only reaction at the end of the movie is "what happened to Babu?"

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@CJohn SIC and TVI actually had a strong Easter weekend both. Most of the movies went well - especially SIC's, which had both Jumanji: WTTJ and Despicable Me 3 above 14% rating and The Emoji Movie nearly at 12%, amongst other great results. On the big bomb end of things, Gladiator and Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull from TVI.

As for the Morangos S7 repeat, it did the expected: 10.7% share. Despite the movie doing over 16% share on Saturday. Let's see what happens from here on out.

Both channels announced their bombshells - Farmer Wants A Wife and Big Brother 2020 - coming soon, possibly for either late April or early May. It's gonna be a clash of titans.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

4 hours ago, Cap said:

So ... Would anyone be interested if I ran screenplay writing workshop? It wouldn’t be like teaching or anything. It would just be kind of like a structure timeline with deadlines where you need to write a treatment. And then we workshop and give feedback on the treatment. Idk. Just tossing out that idea

You could resurrect the Hollywood Cafe part of the forum. @Water Bottle

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

You could resurrect the Hollywood Cafe part of the forum. @Water Bottle

Technically it's still alive. Just not active. But yes you can use that. If you aren't part of it, let me know and I'll include you!

6 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn SIC and TVI actually had a strong Easter weekend both. Most of the movies went well - especially SIC's, which had both Jumanji: WTTJ and Despicable Me 3 above 14% rating and The Emoji Movie nearly at 12%, amongst other great results. On the big bomb end of things, Gladiator and Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull from TVI.

As for the Morangos S7 repeat, it did the expected: 10.7% share. Despite the movie doing over 16% share on Saturday. Let's see what happens from here on out.

Both channels announced their bombshells - Farmer Wants A Wife and Big Brother 2020 - coming soon, possibly for either late April or early May. It's gonna be a clash of titans.

BB2020 can't start during a freaking pandemic ffs.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2020/04/warnermedia-sets-hbo-max-distribution-deal-with-charter-1202909159/

In a significant milestone before it launches HBO Max next month, WarnerMedia has set a deal with Charter Communications, the No. 2 U.S. cable distributor, to give its existing HBO subscribers free access to the streaming service.

Similar to Disney’s deal with Verizon ahead of the launch of Disney+, the pact with Charter expands the potential scope of subscribers for HBO Max. The $15 a month service had previously been confirmed as available to all of AT&T’s pay-TV subscribers to HBO, many of them via DirecTV. Executives at the company had long professed to be optimistic about lining up additional distribution deals. Those pacts are key drivers of subscriber acquisition as the service pursues its goal of 75 million to 90 million global subscribers by 2025, with 50 million of those in North America.

Under the deal, which is separate from linear carriage pacts for WarnerMedia networks like TNT and TBS, all of Charter’s existing HBO subscribers, including subscribers in its Spectrum Silver and Gold video packages, will automatically be given access to HBO Max at no additional charge. All remaining and new customers will be able to purchase HBO Max directly from Charter.

Still no concrete release date. :kitschjob: 

I would like to understand why they always cast portuguese actors to play brazilian characters speaking portuguese in american tv shows. Brazilian portuguese is basically a different language than portuguese portuguese. When portuguese telenovelas aired here they had to dub it.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:32 PM, AJG said:

I have been absolutely fascinated by QUIBI. Is it a thing anyone would want?

Its a streaming service with only 10 minute episodes of expensive celeb driven shows... exclusively for smartphones.

For $5 a month you get to watch these shows WITH ads. I have been baffled by the appeal for months. They keep advertising that you can watch an entire show in portrait mode, it’s their big feature, but all that tells me is that their content is so undemanding of my attention that they offer an edit where I don’t need to exhaust the energy needed to turn my phone sideways. AND THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR IT?!?!

It’s incredible. The nerve, the audacity of it all.

• Haha 3

The only thing I watched on Quibi was the first episode of the JLo charity show, and I thought it was rushed and pointless. I was curious about those dramas with Sansa and Liam Hemsworth, but I'm so not used to watch videos on my phone (I stream Netflix on the TV and Youtube on my computer) that I never remember to check them out.

I see that Quibi has turned into a punching bag but it's not such a bad concept. There is a lot of Youtube channels with great short form content that I would easily pay to watch. Only problem with Quibi is that they are not producing content that appeals to me.

And there are so many streaming series coming out everywhere and every day that it's exhausting to even try to keep track of what's been released and where and when. This is getting ridiculous.