Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

I...I don't think I've ever heard of these shows before.

well yeah they stopped doing them like a decade ago. the last one they did was finding a lead for a jesus christ superstar revival and i guess you can't top looking for jesus. it's like american idol but they don't just judge the singing they gotta judge how jesusy they are.

jessie buckley was in a season where they were looking for a nancy in oliver! and i forgot samantha barks from les mis was also discovered in that show. neither of them won they came 2nd and 3rd.

A little bit of self-promotion here, but I just created my own website. It's not the first time I've tried something like creating a website. I had one back around 2011, but it didn't last very long. Hopefully this is more successful. It's been in the works for a good solid year + now. The article at the top is a bit of a random one about the current Oscars, so please do check it out. I've got more articles coming soon, and a podcast that's in the works.

https://www.dansden.net/

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

A little bit of self-promotion here, but I just created my own website. It's not the first time I've tried something like creating a website. I had one back around 2011, but it didn't last very long. Hopefully this is more successful. It's been in the works for a good solid year + now. The article at the top is a bit of a random one about the current Oscars, so please do check it out. I've got more articles coming soon, and a podcast that's in the works.

https://www.dansden.net/

Super cool - Who do you host it with?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Super cool - Who do you host it with?

Squarespace is the service provider. As for the podcast, it was initially co-hosted with a younger person I met a couple of years ago. We made a couple of warm-up episodes last year, but not any recently, so now I'm trying to get back into the groove of things. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

God i love movies.

Spoiler

Especially those films that combine an engaging story, a terrific script and gorgeous cinematography to present themselves as truly not only entertaining, but also fullfilling forms of artistic expression.

Spoiler

Like Jurassic World.

6 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Squarespace is the service provider. As for the podcast, it was initially co-hosted with a younger person I met a couple of years ago. We made a couple of warm-up episodes last year, but not any recently, so now I'm trying to get back into the groove of things. 

I've been meaning to port my tech blog to Squarespace (Google is just not supporting Blogger like they said...). It's the monthly payment I hate. I'd rather pay upfront like I do with my domain.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Porthos said:

W-o-w.

@Potiki any thoughts on this?

Well, expect them to introduce new ratings, try to increase their coverage and rates which will lead to the studios and TV companies come together as a consortium and start their own ratings measurements. Then we see them miss their target, get stripped for parts and sold by the PE firm in 4 years time.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

W-o-w.

@Potiki any thoughts on this?

Not familiar with the private equity group, although in general I'm not familiar with those types of groups. Pretty big price but they have pretty much a stranglehold on ratings for cable/broadcast (competitors, mainly lead by Comcast, are on the way but will have to see if they actually are legitimately competitive)

Overall doubt there are any major changes maybe they get extra funding to get more competitive in the streaming, video games, music etc. space that is a lot more competitive than traditional TV right now.

• Like 1

It still doesn't sit right in my spirit that the Razzies tried to shame that man for having the gall to continue to work and be employed at damn near 70 during a pandemic.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

It still doesn't sit right in my spirit that the Razzies tried to shame that man for having the gall to continue to work and be employed at damn near 70 during a pandemic.

This news only makes that look far far worse. Razzies are trash and deserve irrelevance anyway.

• Like 1