Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Universal's going all out on expanding its theme parks, with a "family-friendly" location in Frisco, Texas:

And a permanent Halloween Horror Nights location in Vegas:

And not a direct announcement, but a trademark was filed for Universal theme parks and products in Europe:

c0ef7f000811bc6e71cd85ca9d89a714.png

There's been rumors going around they may be buying up the PortAventura World resort imminently (which they did briefly own in the early 2000s).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cookie said:

Universal's going all out on expanding its theme parks, with a "family-friendly" location in Frisco, Texas:

And a permanent Halloween Horror Nights location in Vegas:

And not a direct announcement, but a trademark was filed for Universal theme parks and products in Europe:

c0ef7f000811bc6e71cd85ca9d89a714.png

There's been rumors going around they may be buying up the PortAventura World resort imminently (which they did briefly own in the early 2000s).

They might as well name the one for "families with young children" Minion Land.

Aparently very good chance Monterey Peninsual in California will become an island with the flooding.

I guess that guy in this thread who was ridiculing Californians for freaking out over a little rain was a bit premature in his snark.

lol so this is what they were referring to at the Golden Globes on Tuesday when they said Seyfried couldn't be there to accept her award because she was busy working on a musical. At first thought this was a movie but sounds like it's Broadway.

Edited by filmlover

ngl.

This whole "Light the Beam" chant is one of the most inspired rallying cries that was cooked up by a sports marketing team in a long time. 

(it's so good and Sacto fans have embraced it so much that it's actually taking over arenas in away games when the Kings are winning)

I mean, it's one thing for Light the Beam chants to break out at a Clippers home game.  Even though they've been really good lately they're still the Clippers and thus not that entrenched in LA hearts and minds.  But for a Light the Beam chant to break out at a Lakers home game???  And not a quiet chant either?

Well just goes to show how much Kings fans have rallied around this.

(16 years of frustration will do that to a fanbase)

7 hours ago, Torontofan said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/19/jacinda-ardern-resigns-as-prime-minister-of-new-zealand

Be honest this is rare for a world leader.

To leave when they feel they have served their use rather stick around for ego reasons (trudeau and such).

Wish more leaders are like her :)

Well, I wish more leaders are like her in that specific way, yes. No chance in hell Trudeau has enough integrity to do the same.

I'm not even going to get myself started. I despise that man with every fibre of my being.

EDIT: quitting while I'm ahead. Trying not to dive into politics on a forum that I enjoy so much.

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 1