Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

This is interesting.

"After benefiting from the exposure of helping Terrance Ferguson reach the NBA, the NBL has formalized a rule that should make it much easier for future prospects in his mold to forgo college and develop in Australia instead. As part of its new "Next Stars" program, the NBL will be adding an extra roster spot next season intended strictly for draft-eligible players such as Ferguson, the league told ESPN. Sources told ESPN those players will be paid 100,000 Australian dollars gross guaranteed (approximately $78,000 U.S.), funded directly by the league."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22594625/how-australian-basketball-targeting-one-dones-nba-draft

There's only 8 teams at the moment so that's only 8 spots.

10 hours ago, Telehilation said:

...and you thought seeing a movie with old people was bad. @WrathOfHan @DAJK @Deep Wang

(I used to go to this theater -- Lloyd Cinema 10 in Portland -- a long time ago. Behavior was better back then, lmao.)

Oh, Lloyd Center. :lol: Neither of those stories surprise me.

My best Lloyd stories were when I saw a guy walk in for the last half-hour of The Town (presumably from the other screen that showed it half-an-hour earlier) and started cheering for the characters during the climactic heist, and being treated to the unmistakable aroma of weed at a sold-out opening weekend showing of Skyfall. And both of those were in house 10 (the weirdly-constructed one on the end of the right-hand side of the hallway, across from the two cavernous auditoriums).

But that's still better than all the shit - literal and figurative - I can imagine filled the other Regal inside the mall. :gold:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Oh, Lloyd Center. :lol: Neither of those stories surprise me.

My best Lloyd stories were when I saw a guy walk in for the last half-hour of The Town (presumably from the other screen that showed it half-an-hour earlier) and started cheering for the characters during the climactic heist, and being treated to the unmistakable aroma of weed at a sold-out opening weekend showing of Skyfall. And both of those were in house 10 (the weirdly-constructed one on the end of the right-hand side of the hallway, across from the two cavernous auditoriums).

But that's still better than all the shit - literal and figurative - I can imagine filled the other Regal inside the mall. :gold:

Man, the theater must've really gotten bad. Way back when that was my preferred place to catch a big new release. Saw the SW:SE's there, TRUE ROMANCE, countless others.

38 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Man, the theater must've really gotten bad. Way back when that was my preferred place to catch a big new release. Saw the SW:SE's there, TRUE ROMANCE, countless others.

Yes, you truly are an old fart.

• Sad 1

Less than two minutes into the Guy Ritchie King Arthur and there's a part where the screen goes black with no sound for over fifteen seconds for no apparent reason.

Also giant elephants.

• Haha 1

Finished watching through the English language + Elle partition of Verhoeven's filmography. Few in there I wasn't big on but even at his worst, he keeps in interesting. Talented dude.

1- Total Recall

2- RoboCop

3- Starship Troopers

4- Elle

5- Basic Instinct

6- Flesh + Blood

7- Showgirls

8- Hollow Man

47 minutes ago, cookie said:

Less than two minutes into the Guy Ritchie King Arthur and there's a part where the screen goes black with no sound for over fifteen seconds for no apparent reason.

Also giant elephants.

There’s a scene involving a snake that I had to watch 4 times because it made no sense. It still doesn’t.

13 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Finished watching through the English language + Elle partition of Verhoeven's filmography. Few in there I wasn't big on but even at his worst, he keeps in interesting. Talented dude.

1- Total Recall

2- RoboCop

3- Starship Troopers

4- Elle

5- Basic Instinct

6- Flesh + Blood

7- Showgirls

8- Hollow Man

I just watched Hollow Man last night and honestly I thought it kinda ruled.

• Like 1