Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 minutes ago, Goffe said:

:lol: How should I have known that? the Mechanic and Bill Pullman storylines had no connection up until the point I shut the movie off.

The entire premise is that

Spoiler

Pullman literally becomes a different person. 

No connection? It happens right in front of your eyes. 

10 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

See a therapist. Get some anti-anxiety meds if they suggest it. Stop thinking, get out of your head, and just act. 

I agree that I should see a therapist or something, which is honestly a huge jump on behalf, but like... I don't even have enough time to call my dad weekly with rehearsal, school, work, and time to do homework. I was trying to fit in working out recently but I really don't have enough time to even add that in.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Blanks sat right next to a girl he had a crush on but didn't ask out with her date at Thor last night.

I SAT RIGHT NEXT TO THE GUY. It was

My friend I went with who didn't know anyone - me - the guy - her - her friend - other people from the show

Get your facts straight before speaking for me

10 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Ask her out as well.  They just going on a date.  They are not in a relationship. 

3 hours ago, YourMother said:

Ask her out. If she says no she says no but you never know until you try.

I was going to ask her out soon (if just because I'm tired of not acting on my desires and getting a blunt "no") but now it feels awkward seeing she and the guy she went on a date with are both in the show we're in and I don't want to be part of a cast drama thing and she'd probably say no anyways because I'm unattractive and a worrywart

• Haha 1

Sorry I missed this one:

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Here's what I always tell folks...

What's the worst thing that could happen if you ask?  She says no and maybe giggles at the suggestion.  Okay, so you find out two things - she's a witch and she's not interested, so you can move on.

What's the best thing that can happen if you ask?  She says yes, you get the date you really wanted, and things can go from there.

When you put up the best and worst options, it always lines up that asking is practically win-win (you get a yes - win ; you get a no and can move on - win)...so, always win and always ask...just make sure you are sober and pleasant when you do so (that's like the underlying rule - if you ask as you are a drunk a$$hole who's slobbering and falling all over her - been there, done that - not only do you get the no, but nowadays you might get worse than just a shove off, a walk away, and a never:)...

Well in this case, if I ask, regardless of any answer I get, the guy I fight with in the show (like a staff fight during the great battle) I get on really awkward terms with because he was clearly super into her and like I don't really care about his opinion but I don't want this show to fall apart because of me. I should've asked her a month ago for all the reasons you listed, but I was too afraid to thansk to my self-conscious worry about being way too old for her and also being ugly. IDK

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I agree that I should see a therapist or something, which is honestly a huge jump on behalf, but like... I don't even have enough time to call my dad weekly with rehearsal, school, work, and time to do homework. I was trying to fit in working out recently but I really don't have enough time to even add that in.

If you are still in college many of school therapist have late working hours to meet with students. You can also ask for extension on homework if have a lot going on in your life. Therapist session is usually one hour.

• Like 1

I don't like pausing movies let alone stop watching halfway and left the rest for another day, that kills the experience. That's why I can't wait to get my own apartment so nobody will bother me, I can't stand people, I don't know how I will ever get married, but I guess in a few years I will be at that stage in my life where I just don't care and only watch dumb movies anyway

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I SAT RIGHT NEXT TO THE GUY. It was

My friend I went with who didn't know anyone - me - the guy - her - her friend - other people from the show

Get your facts straight before speaking for me

I was going to ask her out soon (if just because I'm tired of not acting on my desires and getting a blunt "no") but now it feels awkward seeing she and the guy she went on a date with are both in the show we're in and I don't want to be part of a cast drama thing and she'd probably say no anyways because I'm unattractive and a worrywart

Here's a new mindset for you - everyone has beauty.  Everyone is usually more attractive to other people than they think, b/c almost all people personally think they physically have more flaws than other people actually ever see and b/c other people don't just look at physicality when they see beauty (this is probably even more true for women, who value physicality less) - chemistry (aka hormones), personality, sense of humor, ability to put someone at ease/make them feel safe and comfortable - all of those and more present a picture of "you" and your beauty to someone, not just what you think your digital camera image says...

This is a big reason why married couples, 40 years into marriage, still see their spouse as the most beautiful person to them - they aren't lying - they just have built up so many beautiful memories and such a strong connection that their "image" of the person is probably more powerfully beautiful than anyone on the outside would ever see...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

oh yeah. people who stop a movie and are all "eh, i'll watch the rest tomorrow" are literally insane.

I can delay a movie halfway through for months. One day I’ll finish Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Here's a new mindset for you - everyone has beauty.  Everyone is usually more attractive to other people than they think, b/c almost all people personally think they physically have more flaws than other people actually ever see and b/c other people don't just look at physicality when they see beauty (this is probably even more true for women, who value physicality less) - chemistry (aka hormones), personality, sense of humor, ability to put someone at ease/make them feel safe and comfortable - all of those and more present a picture of "you" and your beauty to someone, not just what you think your digital camera image says...

This is a big reason why married couples, 40 years into marriage, still see their spouse as the most beautiful person to them - they aren't lying - they just have built up so many beautiful memories and such a strong connection that their "image" of the person is probably more powerfully beautiful than anyone on the outside would ever see...

thank you for this. it's just hard to shift a mindset when you've thought the same thing for so long

• Like 1

It was 3am, I had to wake up relatively early and the movie was slow af, what can I say? I don’t like watching movies in parts either, but I also don’t like sleeping less than 8 hours a day. Had I been super into it I would have problably stayed until the end.

Edited by Goffe

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

oh yeah. people who stop a movie and are all "eh, i'll watch the rest tomorrow" are literally insane.

I usually just fall asleep when watching a movie/TV show, but I go out with a fight every time.

49 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

It is not official until she makes box office forums account that when know it is serious

I'd say it becomes serious when she wins the weekly Derby. Or you know, when she suddenly pops up with a kid at your door, but that's just a tad too extreme I suppose.