Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

How does a 700 movie a year without critics would work ?

There is always will be some curator model, are reviewer better than critics (if that what you have in mind here) ?

It is true that for the movie Disney currently do, they do not need them very much and maybe can make it without the free publicity giving by the platforms critic work for, but for everything else, we need curator's, what will it/they be ?

With the Internet, traditional concentrated media, which critics are/were a part of, will be a soon a memory.

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

With the Internet, traditional concentrated media, which critics are/were a part of, will be a soon a memory.

Those critics are pretty much only read on the Internet by now,

we start with what say 15,000 feature film made in a year,  a curating system of buyer/festival judge audience will pick up around say 700 worthy of a theatrical release.

How do you curate that and go to a movie is first weekend without critics ? Specially in a world with first weekend being so important.

What is issue with critics saying to people : Among the 450 movies I watched this year, Lady bird is really good people.

What would be better than that ?

Her boycott is an expression of solidarity with The Los Angeles Times, whom Disney recently banned from all advance screenings of their movies as a purely vindictive response to an investigative piece it published on Disney’s relationship to the city of Anaheim. It’s a dangerous precedent that Disney is setting: Write an unfavorable story—one that Disney hasn’t disputed factually, even—and it will blacklist your publication, punishing independent journalism by using its massive corporate influence

And all The Futurist has to say about this whole situation is fuck the critics.

Ignore list it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

As much as I love Disney, I still for the life of me can't imagine who would want to live in Celebration. Place kinda gives me the creeps every time I've gone through it.

I thought other than a few buildings and such, Disney no longer has any influence there

• Like 1

I think the news scroll is causing my iPad's browser to crash. Whenever I'm in a thread and try going to another thread or page, my browser freezes and I have to restart it. This only hapens to me on my iPad (my computer is fine) and began since the news scroll was added. I know a couple of other users were saying the site has been crashing for them, so maybe it's the scroll? @Water Bottle

• Like 1