Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, YourMother said:

So I watched the newest episode of South Park today, and had it not been for the return of political humor, it’d be a good episode.

South Park lost me in the middle of last season. I tried out this season and quit after the Video Game product placement episode.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

I fixed my baby’s Xbox for £15 instead of the £99 Billie Gates tried to charge me and somebody at work gave us all something called Cupheads for free. Fuck Bill Gates forever and always. 

I've heard quite a few good things about Cuphead.

For the life of me I do not understand the streetcorner doomsayer mentality fanboys have when a movie's marketing and/or critic screening campaigns don't go quite the way they had wanted them to go. A certain superhero movie coming out next week made me think about this, but it's something I deal with in the Pixar fandom too. Whether a movie actually sucks/flops or not, what do you accomplish by playing Chicken Little before you know for sure? It's just as obnoxious as the "fuck the critics" mindset.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

For the life of me I do not understand the streetcorner doomsayer mentality fanboys have when a movie's marketing and/or critic screening campaigns don't go quite the way they had wanted them to go. A certain superhero movie coming out next week made me think about this, but it's something I deal with in the Pixar fandom too. Whether a movie actually sucks/flops or not, what do you accomplish by playing Chicken Little before you know for sure? It's just as obnoxious as the "fuck the critics" mindset.

Obsessive fanboism in general is toxic (for the fanboy first and foremost). Depending your hapiness/well-being to the reception of a film is kinda pathetic.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

41 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Obsessive fanboism in general is toxic (for the fanboy first and foremost). Depending your hapiness/well-being to the reception of a film is kinda pathetic.

We're all fans of something. If it makes you happy and brings meaning to your life, by all means, support it. But people ought to be able to draw a line where it starts becoming a source for negative thoughts and not take them out on others.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

We're all fans of something. If it makes you happy and brings meaning to your life, by all means, support it. But people ought to be able to draw a line where it starts becoming a source for negative thoughts and not take them out on others.

I agree 100%.

It is great until your life starts depending on it. Then you have lost the balance.

• Like 1