Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

My 2 cents even though I am just butting in this convo as a non-mod : One is responsible for every posts he/she makes. If someone posts a spoiler and I quote them then someone reading my post gets spoilt. That is completely on my shoulders cause I control the content of my posts. As simple as that.

(btw, I made the same mistake and got banned last year after quoting a post with mother! spoilers.)

I mean it sucks, but I should have read the post more carefully. The only problem is that I just got a major case of weekend box office blue balls

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

What is your rationale for banning me and Mr Pink though? @grim22

The banning makes no sense, for I did not even know I quoted a spoiler. 

I think you have gone way too far in this case. 

I want to be apart of that thread and think you are being far too harsh to people who had no idea what they were quoting.

I have not even seen the movie :kitschjob:

Go after the people who actually spoil the movie, I really looked forward to this thread and I made a silly mistake that even a seasoned good natured poster like Mr Pink Also made. 

I guess don't quote anyone who posts about IW. Seems pretty unfair to me, but a zero-tolerance policy is what we got. Real question is do the mods get a thread-ban when they inadvertently spoil someone who inadvertently quotes a spoiler like that?

Spoiler

:redcapes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I guess don't quote anyone who posts about IW. Seems pretty unfair to me, but a zero-tolerance policy is what we got. Real question is do the mods get a thread-ban when they inadvertently spoil someone who inadvertently quotes a spoiler like that?

Hide contents

:redcapes:

That is why Zero Tolerance policies are largely idiotic as it takes away all reason and logic. 

I doubt a mod would ever get banned for doing the same thing. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Reveal hidden contents

On 12/29/2017 at 2:13 PM, grim22 said:

@Chewy @That One Guy @CoolioD1 @ReyReyBattery and @grim22 have been threadbanned for 24 hours for untagged Bright spoilers. The mods will look into spoiler policy for streaming movies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

btw, Zack and Codeine might be the best song title ever :hahaha: 

YBga4Jd.jpg

😂😂😂😂

also, who's actually threadbanned from the weekend thread? cause fuck I don't have anything else to do today

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

😂😂😂😂

also, who's actually threadbanned from the weekend thread? cause fuck I don't have anything else to do today

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Week long forum-wide bans for spoilers:

@MovieMan89

@TheDarkKnightOfSteel

@Valonqar

48 hour threadbans for responding to spoilers:

@MrPink

@Lordmandeep

48 hours for impersonating BKB:

@BKB AVENGER/Tree

On 4/21/2018 at 11:01 PM, Cmasterclay said:

@Jandrew I forgot to tell you that Psycho (Post Malone) is actually a very good song, mostly because Ty Dolla Sign has been one of my favorites for years, and he's beautiful over that beat. Malone actually holds up his end better than most of his songs, though. Dude is just so obnoxious as a personality. 

Nah it's still shit imo. I'm tired of Post at this point. If peak Ty $ is what you seek, then you need to get on this:

Already song of the summer to me. And you're lucky you're in Miami, this is the perfect song to blast while heading down the MacArthur Causeway at sunset.

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the mods should review the Zero Tolerance policy and simply go back to a case to case review as it was before... @Trolltastic Tele

It is rather clear whether a person deserves to be banned or not for his beahviour.

I am a simple deputized weekend junior mod, nothing more -- but zero tolerance applies to the mega-franchise OW threads and is there for a specific reason. The harshness and immediacy of its judgment is a feature, not a bug.

2 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

I am a simple deputized weekend junior mod, nothing more -- but zero tolerance applies to the mega-franchise OW threads and is there for a specific reason. The harshness and immediacy of its judgment is a feature, not a bug.

It was clearly a bug in this case :)

You ban people for quoting a spoiler and had no idea it was a spoiler and the spoiler was not even the main point of the quote.

Explain that logic. 

It is a perfect example of the zero tolerance model is flawed because you banned two people who were not even spoiling the movie. 

It is rather clear who is to be banned or not. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It was clearly a bug in this case :)

You ban people for quoting a spoiler and had no idea it was a spoiler and the spoiler was not even the main point of the quote.

Explain that logic. 

You quoted a spoiler, thus ruining things for anyone else in the thread who hadn't seen the movie.

It was an accident, which is why you get a very short threadban and not something more significant. Same as MrPink.

5 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

You quoted a spoiler, thus ruining things for anyone else in the thread who hadn't seen the movie.

It was an accident, which is why you get a very short threadban and not something more significant. Same as MrPink.

Um I have not seen movie either though? 

How could I know it was a spoiler though, you have not explained that and you guys cant. 

It shows a big flaw in the policy and the moderation. 

I understand I am being a bit harsh but I am saying that we can use logic and reason and not simply adhere to rules that are not perfect. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

How could I know it was a spoiler though, you have not explained that and you guys cant. 

Well shit, dude, the guy was talking about the movie. No policy is perfect -- take a page from MrPink's book and just move on. It's not the end of the world.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

You're the one that complained before that we only were tough on SW movies...

• Like 1