Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

51 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I think I am about to make a lot of real estate agents pisssssed.  We just got an offer on the house we put on the market less than 24 Hours ago, and honestly, there is no reason not to take it. 

Give yourself a day and see if any other offers come in - then you can play one against the other if they do...and if not, you say yes and know you're happy...

• Thanks 1

I looked at ABC's fall schedule and saw among the new shows is Dancing with the Stars: Juniors. lmao how is that gonna work unless all the kids they get are random Disney Channel stars (poor @Telemachos that this didn't happen during the Lab Rats years)? Obviously the very few famous child stars out there (Jacob Tremblay, the Stranger Things kids, etc.) aren't gonna do it.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I looked at ABC's fall schedule and saw among the new shows is Dancing with the Stars: Juniors. lmao how is that gonna work unless all the kids they get are random Disney Channel stars (poor @Telemachos that this didn't happen during the Lab Rats years)? Obviously the very few famous child stars out there (Jacob Tremblay, the Stranger Things kids, etc.) aren't gonna do it.

Consider the Athlete cast included Tonya Harding, I don’t know what to expect. I could see some in-house talent like kids from Blackish or Roseanne appearing. 

2019 is going to be a really major year for finales

Final Season of Game of Thrones (this is going to have me in tears the whole way through)

Infinity War 2

Star Wars Episode 9

It Chapter 2

Crazy Ex Girlfriend finishes its last season

How to Train Your Dragon 3 (I assume finale?)

Veep

Homeland

John Wick 3

The end of any hope I had of Disney making any original movie ever again.

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

2019 is going to be a really major year for finales

Final Season of Game of Thrones (this is going to have me in tears the whole way through)

Infinity War 2

Star Wars Episode 9

It Chapter 2

Crazy Ex Girlfriend finishes its last season

How to Train Your Dragon 3 (I assume finale?)

Veep

Homeland

John Wick 3

The end of any hope I had of Disney making any original movie ever again.

Jane the Virgin might end. So might Big Bang Theory. :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Jane the Virgin might end. So might Big Bang Theory. :lol:

The Big Bang Theory is still going?  Geez.  That stopped being good at least 5 years ago, if it was ever all that good.

• Community Manager
10 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

The Big Bang Theory is still going?  Geez.  That stopped being good at least 5 years ago, if it was ever all that good.

I like it still. <_<

Amy and Sheldon just got married.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I like it still. <_<

Amy and Sheldon just got married.

Idk, I think the sitcom genre itself just feels like background TV to me.  It’s like they’ll move character arcs and plots along during the season finales but that’s it.

There were some really funny episodes of BBT, there were just some pretty bad ones too.  I’d say it’s about as good as something like Friends (which is mostly good but vastly overrated).

Some new sitcoms that I think work really well are Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Masters of None and the Good Place (also Crazy Ex, but I think it’s a stretch to call that one a sitcom).  They’re all episodic but plot driven, and they don’t feel like characters sitting in a stagnant box.

• Community Manager
Just now, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Idk, I think the sitcom genre itself just feels like background TV to me.  It’s like they’ll move character arcs and plots along during the season finales but that’s it.

There were some really funny episodes of BBT, there were just some pretty bad ones too.  I’d say it’s about as good as something like Friends (which is mostly good but vastly overrated).

There are still some really funny episodes of The Big Bang Theory in my opinion (and obviously some bad ones). I'd say the season that just ended was a big improvement over the season before it (which was easily the worst one).

As for character growth, the Big Bang Theory at least does have character growth. It's just very, extremely slowly and over time but the characters definitely do change-sometimes in very subtle ways, other times in much more obvious ways. But like it's not about an overreaching plot. It's fine if that's something a TV show must have for you to watch it but it's really about hanging out with a group of people and laughing for half an hour. If that's background TV for you, well, that's fine. :) 

[Also hot take: The Big Bang Theory is currently better than Modern Family.]

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

There are still some really funny episodes of The Big Bang Theory in my opinion (and obviously some bad ones). I'd say the season that just ended was a big improvement over the season before it (which was easily the worst one).

As for character growth, the Big Bang Theory at least does have character growth. It's just very, extremely slowly and over time but the characters definitely do change-sometimes in very subtle ways, other times in much more obvious ways. But like it's not about an overreaching plot. It's fine if that's something a TV show must have for you to watch it but it's really about hanging out with a group of people and laughing for half an hour. If that's background TV for you, well, that's fine. :) 

[Also hot take: The Big Bang Theory is currently better than Modern Family.]

Don’t really like Modern Family

and I get the appeal of TBBT and other sitcoms, it’s sometimes nice to have a show you can kind of flip on an episode and be able to follow without worrying if you’re caught up or not.  

I guess ive always had more of a movie/narrative mindset.  Always preferred shows, or portions of shoes, that are focused on an overall narrative (kind of like an extended movie).

• Like 1

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Don’t really like Modern Family

and I get the appeal of TBBT and other sitcoms, it’s sometimes nice to have a show you can kind of flip on an episode and be able to follow without worrying if you’re caught up or not.  

I guess ive always had more of a movie/narrative mindset.  Always preferred shows, or portions of shoes, that are focused on an overall narrative (kind of like an extended movie).

Arrested Development is like the ultimate comedy built on narrative. :P

But if you ever have time and can track it down, Soap is one of the best comedies of all time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Big Bang Theory is alright, the episodes are not great but not bad either. It’s been very consistent to me. The season finale was very nice. 

Mom though is really good. The multicam format is lame but there’s something irresistible about those characters.

• Like 1